“Don't be in a hurry”

Applebee's
Ranked #127 of 206 Restaurants in Paducah
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I live here and won't go back any more. Three times is a charm. I don't see why this place has been given good reviews. I must go at the wrong time or they don't want to take care of me.

First visit the service was slow in most ways, but the food was good. Thumbs up to the chef.

Second visit ( a couple months later ) I had to leave because I did not get asked what I want to drink and I had already been sitting there 10 minutes. People, I'm on lunch from work. I only get an hour. Guests should be asked within a couple minutes of sitting what they want to drink.

Third and last visit ( earlier this week ) By the time the waitress asked me what I wanted to drink, I already knew what I wanted to order. I only came because I had the afternoon off and I had a gift card. She was shocked I was ready. Then I told her, it was because I had plenty of time to read the whole menu while waiting for her to come ask for my drink order.
As a waited, near the door, I watched as customers came in, folded their arms as they wait to be seated. Because they stood way too long. I also looked around the place and noticed customers waiting just as I was - for food, refills, and the sight of a person to take care of them.
The food arrived in a timely fashion, the presentation was good, the food was very good, hot and fresh - again two thumbs up to the chef. My food was brought to me by someone other than my waitress, maybe this is normal here.
I'm glad I only ordered water, because I was never approached if I wanted a refill.
I never saw my waitress again until after I ate the last bite and she asked if I wanted my bill. Never asked how it was. Never asked if I wanted anything else. About 5 minutes later she brought the bill.
I paid my bill with cash and a gift card. No tip was left. Why should I leave a tip, all she did was take my order and give me the bill? I left her a note and it read like this "No tip, that is because you never checked on me and never refilled my water. The service is slow and I won't ever be back here again."

There are newer reviews for Applebee's

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Ordered the 2 for $20 menu: 7 oz. steak and chicken & shrimp on a bed of vegetables (new), and boneless BBQ chicken wings as our appetizer. All were excellent. Took a long time to get water we ordered. Had to ask another waitress.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

My wife and I had lunch here a few days ago. I can't remember a chain restaurant where EVERYONE was smiling, welcoming and seemed to really want us to have a nice meal. Our server, like everyone else, was friendly. Our meal was served promptly.

I had the Chicken Fajita Wrap - very tasty and large enough that 1/2 of it filled me up. My wife had the Cajun Shrimp which she said was also great.

Since we were traveling we appreciated the welcoming, friendly attitude of the staff, and prompt service and great food.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Over the past couple years, we have quit visiting Applebee's (several locations in a couple different states) because they have seemed to go down hill. Every Applebee's we visited had terrible service and the food quality was lacking. We decided to stop at this Applebee's because it was our son's birthday and he wanted to try this location. GLAD we did! THIS Applebee's gives us hope that the chain might be getting better again. GREAT service (our waiter was ASHLEY)! We have been traveling for the past 2 weeks from the mid-west to the east coast and this was the best service we had throughout our entire trip. Everyone's food was delivered hot (party of 7), our cups were never empty, and everyone's requests were met promptly! He was taking care of several tables too! It was our observation that all the tables around us had the same excellent service by different watiers/waitresses! Would love to move this building and the staff to our neighborhood back home! Will definitely stop here again when we are traveling through. THANK YOU Paducah staff for a delicious, hot, fresh meal and a great dining experience!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised to have a waiter who helped us get the best value for our dollar when choosing entrees. Appleby's has raised the bar on service, value and food quality.

1  Thank lobowolf