“Skip this place. Plenty of other options.”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #140 of 200 Restaurants in Paducah
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
“Skip this place. Plenty of other options.”
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

We had traveled all day and were starving. I have to eat gluten free and picked Applebee's because it has a good gluten free menu. However, I asked at this one. It took a long time for three different people to find the gf menu. When it finally came, it was outdated and said "only good until July 1.". I assume that warning is on there because menus change and people can get sick relying on the old menu. Because I do get sick, I asked for an updated one. The waitress said that the other woman would have brought the newest one. So I went ahead and ordered. The waitress came back because, since it was an old menu, they no longer served what I ordered. My son went to the car to get my iPhone. I looked up the menu myself - current one, good thru November, was on the website. I had been told the menu took so long to get because they had to reprint since someone took the original. Obviously not - only the current one is on the website so people don't get sick when things change. When my order came, it was smaller than usual. On the bill, I saw that she did a "half size" salad instead of the full size for dinner. It was one thing after another. I wish I had just stuck with Wendy's instead of paying extra to enjoy a sit down dinner that was not enjoyable.

2 Thank Lawyermom27

North Carolina
“Good Meal”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Excellent service and good food. Waitress was very efficient and nice.The restaurant is almost next door to the Holiday Inn Express where we stayed, so we were able to just walk over.

Visited July 2012
Akron
“Fun Place To Spend An Evening When Staying in Paducah”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We staying in the Holiday Inn Express next door and spent the evening watching college football and having a few beers at the bar with the locals. The staff was very friendly and the prices fair. There was a decent selection of draft beers on hand. The bartender was very efficient and knew her stuff. I would have no problem going back there.

• Visited September 2011
Cunningham
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Experience”
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Love the new Beans & Rice and Cheese corn...French Onion Soup could have had more broth in it and warmer...

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Amber F
KY
“GOD AWFUL SERVICE & FOOD”
Reviewed June 27, 2009

This was THE WORST meal and service I have had in quite a while. I ordered the club, a simple enough turkey sandwich. My first bite was so hard to choke down. The bread was literally sopping in RANCID grease. I am dry-heaving a little right now typing this. So when I took apart the sandwich to just eat the turkey, I noticed that the lettuce was brown and rotten. Then I flagged our waitress to show her the sandwich and ask for more bread. She did not even listen to me tell her that the food was rotten, and it took close to 5 minutes just to get 2 new slices of totally plain-from-the-bag bread.

Meanwhile, everone else had finished their meals, and I was left with a disheveled joke of a sandwich. The waitress NEVER came back to check on how anything was. Then the "helper" waitress came by, and she couldn't even take our dirty plates. She did had the time however, to gossip about another employee just 3 feet from our table. To top it all off, the manager came by and briskly asked us if everything was ok, and swiftly walked away before I could say anything about the horrible food. Not going back, for sure.