“$57 for food we did not eat”
Review of Tokyo Hibachi

Tokyo Hibachi
Ranked #71 of 202 Restaurants in Paducah
Cuisines: Japanese
Glasgow, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“$57 for food we did not eat”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Where to start. A Monday night. Salad was old and dressing had a skim over it due to being kept in a cooler. 25 min later the cook shows up. Cooks the vegetables first 10 min later we get fried rice (which costs $3 more). 20 min later he is still not cooking our entree. I then tell the manager on duty that we prefer to have our meal hot instead of waiting 45 min from veg to entree. She goes and tells the cook that he is doing a wonderful job and we are being rude. We decide to leave and then we still have to pay $57 for the meal even though we had not even been served the meal.

Now after we pay and we are leaving the manager sends out a waitress to writ down our license plate number. I asked for what reason and I am told because we are stealing food. I showed her the receipt and ask her who the real thief is since we were unable to get what we paid for. I then walked back in and asked the manager if she would like a copy of my license. She then picks up the phone and calls the police all the while yelling. I should have just told her to go ahead and have them come out.

Terrible experience.

Went to Logan's had a beer and steak.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Sheftall

Paducah, Kentucky
“Great food”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We went to Tokyo Hibachi at dinner time. We were promptly seated. The service was a little slow. The waitress was friendly, but she had trouble with taking orders. They want the tables full and we waited too long for the last 2 seats to fill. We had already ordered and then they seat two more who had no idea what they wanted. The chef was a great cook and for the most part we enjoyed him, but his constant use of OMG & Oh my God got on my nerves. ( Bet he wouldn't like for me to say OMB! Oh my budda!) The food was delicious, but the portions are too small. For the price they charge, the portions should be bigger. The chicken is advertised at 9oz, it was closer to 5oz. They need to improve several things. We will be back, but we will try the other hibachi restaurant. Would have rated lower if food hadn't been so good

• Visited December 2013
Paducah, Kentucky
“What happened?”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We use to really enjoy eating at Tokyo Hibachi. But, the servings are really small now. The cook wasn't good at evenly distributing the food. He kept serving one side first every time and by the time he got to us, we didn't get much. TOO EXPENSIVE for such small portions

Visited April 2013
“Good”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

service was great, chef was very good and food was just average. could be cleaner ! $ $ $
would eat here again.

Visited May 2013
Kuttawa
“Have been here 3 times, now; each time has got worse.....not better.”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Basically same menu-same food choices. Went at dinner time-had paper napkins for an individual $32 meal; now, come on-cloth napkins are so much nicer to use than 5-6 cheap, thin paper napkins. For this type of expensive, dining, entertaining, atmospheric experience-I would have liked a cloth napkin. There were 13 of us & the chef (cook) who took our orders-did not bring enough food for everyone to have when it got passed around, so, then we had to wait & wait for the others to get their food cooked. Which took longer to finish eating. The other times it was just with one other person-I would rather go across the street to Hananoki, I feel they have better tasting food & their menu items are about $1-$2 cheaper on their entree's.

No more Tokyo Hibachi.