“Excellent food, very interesting flavors”
Review of Spicy Ginger Asian Cafe - CLOSED

Spicy Ginger Asian Cafe
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We decided to try this restaurant after seeing it praised by a reviewer who criticized another restaurant that we had also found rather mediocre. We're certainly glad we followed their advice regarding Spicy Ginger as this restaurant provided some of the best, most interesting Asian food we've had in a long time. A have read other reviews of this restaurant that praised the Pad Thai, so that's what I ordered as it is one of my favorite Thai dishes. I was not disappointed. It was certainly one of the best versions of Pad Thai I've ever had, if not the best. Frankly, it's hard to judge because this Pad Thai, although being similar to many others I've had, also had some really unique and very interesting flavors that made it something very special.

My wife ordered a Malaysian dish that she also found excellent. In both hers and mine the spices were just right. Like my Pad Thai, she also found that her dish had some really interesting flavors that were totally unique to our experience, but very enjoyable.

As others have mentioned, the prices here are higher than your typical Asian restaurant, but so is the quality, so I certainly felt we got our money's worth. My only disappointment was, not knowing portion sizes, I ordered only the main course and was left wanting more. Next time I'll know to order an appetizer or a soup besides.

We both look forward to visiting this restaurant again in the future and exploring the other unusual and interesting dishes they have on their wide-ranging menu.

1  Thank ga2607
There are newer reviews for Spicy Ginger Asian Cafe

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Great service, Asian fusion food. They have dishes from every country in the Far East, and some original dishes combining those flavors. They're more expensive than your average Chinese restaurant, but the food is fresh and flavorful, and made to order. No buffet here.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We ate at Spicy Ginger on consecutive Wednesdays. We had a party of 3 the first time and a party of 10 the second time. Both times we were seated immediately and drink orders taken. Jo, the co-owner made suggestions on drinks and entrees and checked on us frequently.I had a curry noodle dish the first time. It was a huge bowl of spicy curried sauce & chicken. I had an eggplant dish the next time.

The atmosphere is beautiful, service excellent and food is yummy. I would recommend Spicy Ginger to anyone wanting a unique dining experience.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We tried this restaurant one night when we were out in the rush of weekend crowd. We didn't want to wait for our usual choices so we tried this restaurant at the recommedation of a friend who had been there for lunch. There were very few people there on a Saturday at 630pm to our surprise. Don't know except for the location why there wasn't the normal weekend crowd at this restaurant like there is at the normal choices. We have been there twice now. I have tried two different dishes while my friend has gotten the lobster fried rice which to date is the best dish we've had.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

So we went on a particularly slow night, but still, we got exceptional personal service. Sit wherever you like, we just want you to be comfortable. Great suggestions by the owner/chef.

Started with the firecracker shrimp. Good spicy creamy sauce with perhaps a bit too much batter on the large shrimps. Good stuff.
I decided on the malaysian curry dish with coconut rice. Basically the same dish that you would have at an Indian restaurant. Perfect amount of spices and creaminess. Others had exceptional meals also.
Good assortment of beers and wine. I had the stout which is a bottle-conditioned beer from Sri Lanka.
Overall, I recommend this place. Perhaps higher prices than some other Paducah restuarants but easily worth every penny. Run don't walk to this place.