“Noisy - thin walls, loud doors”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Paducah
Bettendorf, Iowa
“Noisy - thin walls, loud doors”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

If you want to sleep, go somewhere else. The acoustics were terrible! The walls were not sound-proof at all. We could easily hear peoples' conversations in the room next to us and they were not yelling, just talking. Every time they closed their bathroom door we could hear it loudly. All the room doors slammed hard and EXTREMELY LOUD!!!!!! Even if several doors away, we could hear the big bang when someone entered their room. My car door doesn't make even close to that much noise if I slam it. I was woke up at least 4 times in middle of night when one of the other room doors slammed shut! When people walked in the hall or nearby room, you could hear "thumps".
It appears that cost cutting must have won out over quality when building this one - we have stayed in many Country Inn and Suites as well as many other hotels and have never experienced the constant noise from other guests' normal activity that we did hear.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
tstorms, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for leaving us your feedback on tripadvisor. I find it very disturbing that you did not have a great experience with our hotel as excellence is our norm. I can assure you that our hotel was built in regards to all of Carlson's requirements and specs. In the future I would highly recommend that you express your concerns during your visit so that the management staff can address the situation accordingly. It is not generally common to hear noise complaints from our guest. Keep in mind Country Inn & Suites is a family friendly hotel and if you stayed during a weekend it is possible that hte hotel was filled with traveling families or sports team.

My sincere apologies and I hope that you will give us another chance should you ever be back in the Paducah Area. We take great pride in EXCELLENCE in all we do here at Country Inn & Suites in Paducah and are sadden that your stay wasn't satisfactory.

Warm regards,

Timothy W. Storms, Area Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Sperryville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I was on my way to Cairo, Illinois, and was looking for a place to stay the night before. I checked this place out online, and the reviews were good, and so I thought to give it a try. I had a problem finding the place as I was not following the Interstate, and I don't travel with a GPS or with a smart phone. I called the place up and they gave me excellent directions to turn me around, and it was a real help to me as I was extremely tired, and growing distraught. Sheila was the one who helped me, and she was a wonderful host in every way. The room was quite clean, the laundry facilities were useful; really I had no significant complaints to make. I had a great night's sleep and made it to Cairo the next morning no problem. One thing you should know is that they won't let you turn off the Televisions in the breakfast room; I turned them off and they said they were not allowed to have them off. Good place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Wadesville, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I looked at the other reviews on this hotel and they were spot on! This is a very clean, friendly and comfortable place to stay. We had a King suite and the room was very spacious. Only complaint is the comfort of the fold out couch. My teenage daughter tried to sleep on it and said she should have moved to the floor. :( The King bed was very comfortable. They did not mention in the room description that in addition to the mini fridge and microwave there is also a two burner stove top. In addition to the breakfast that was served there are several nice restaurants in the area that you can walk to.

Room Tip: I would choose a double bed option next time so my daughter would not have to sleep on the fold out...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
tstorms, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review here on tripadvisor. We really appreciate the kind words and are pleased to know we exceeded your expectations with the exception of the pull out sofa sleeper. I have made note of that and will follow up with that department to insure that issue is correctly immediately.

We hope you'll stay with us again when in the Paducah area.

Timothy Storms, Area Director of Sales & Marketing
Hudson, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Maybe it is just me but lately staying at Country Inn and Suites doesn't seem like it used to be. Little things at this location like not being able to stay connected to the Internet, toilet wouldn't quit running without manual assistance, heater fan was way too noisy and the queen sized bed seemed too short. Breakfast is nice to have available but pretty marginal. Halls started out pretty noisy but it was quiet by ten. On the plus side the location is excellent with plenty of places to eat within walking distance. Staff appeared to be trying hard to be attentive. There are several hotels located in this area. I would try a different one next time. This place was one of the least expensive.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
First of all I wanted to thank you for leaving us a review here on Tripadvisor, we really appreciate it. I however, want to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while in our hotel. These type of things do happen from time to time considering the usage they receive. Things of this nature can only be addressed when kind guest like yourself let us know. Rest assured your comments have been addressed and sent to the appropriate managers for their review.

Please give us another chance when in the Paducah area, we definitely try to exceed each and every guest expectation.

Timothy W. Storms
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

This hotel is great!! When you travel and live in and out of hotels as I do, you want your stay to be as if you are home and this staff has hit a homerun.The staff from the management to house keeping do an excellent job and make you feel right at home. Shelia and Tim are exceptional and are truly topps when it comes to Customer Service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for leaving us your feedback here on Tripadvisor, we really appreciate it. It's guest like yourself that make our jobs enjoyable, knowing we have exceeded your expectations makes each of us happy to be a part of Country Inn & Suites. I have passed along your review to the other staff for their review.

Again we really appreciate it and hope we can always count you as "our guest" when you are in the Paducah area.

Timothy W. Storms
ky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

We have stayed here previously. It is a clean 3star hotel. The staff is what makes it. The rooms have been repainted and slightly updated. The floor tile grout in the bath really needs a good bleaching. There was a lot of mold on the floor next to the tub. The carpet was worn but looked clean. The only serious complaint we had was the bedspread. The comforter was the only cover beside sheets. There was a thread bare nubby blanket in a bag on top of shelf, really it didn't look any better than the comforter. The room was warm enough for just a sheet to sleep under. The breakfast was standard hotel free breakfast. The coffee was good and cold cereal standard, it will get you started in the morning. The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We really appreciate you leaving us your review here on Tripadvisor. We are extremly happy to hear your positive comments and know that "we" do a great job and exceed your lodging expectations. Again, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

We hope to see you the next time you're in Paducah.

TImothy W. Storms
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I like to preface all my reviews by saying that I virtually live out of hotels due to my job, and have been staying in hotels every night for the last 6 months. We stay in places of all costs, luxury scales, shapes and sizes. This hotel was fantastic. The space was clean, the staff was friendly, the breakfast was great, its everything I've come to expect from a Country Inn, and it's why I get excited almost every time our group stays in one. My only complaint about this hotel if I had to pick one is that the gym is a little underwhelming. Perhaps a loss of one cardio machine and the addition of a little bit of weights would make a big difference, as it's nothing but four cardio machines right now. First world problems, I know. The location is also wonderful, so many nearby restaurants and businesses that are within walking distance. I've come to expect a lot of Country Inns and this one fits the bill as another high quality place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
tstorms, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your feedback on Tripadvisor. We greatly appreciate the kind compliments on our hotel and strive to make each and every guest feel welcome. I have taken note of your concerns on the fitness center and will keep that in mind when we do upgrades on our equipement.

We look forward to seeing you again if you return to the Paducah area.

Warm regards,