“Good Location-not impressed with cleaning”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Paducah
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good Location-not impressed with cleaning”
Reviewed May 17, 2011

The exit for this hotel has about everything there is to do in Paducah. Lots of restaurants, the mall and a Walmart if you need anything.
The hotel did not impress me though. Service people were okay but not overly friendly-told you what you needed to know but did not go out of their way. The room was not horrible but it could have been cleaned A LOT better than it was. If you get a good price for it, it may be okay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank deedee0907

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
atlanta
Reviewed November 4, 2010

I stayed here for three days while in town for business. I agree with the previous post, the employees here were very friendly and truly made me feel at home. The rooms were very large, they gave me suite with a separate bedroom :)
They had rolled out a new breakfast while I was there. It's funny, perhaps ironic, but I had read an article in USA Today a few weeks ago which was written about the new breakfast at Country Inn and Suites breakfast....it was simply amazing. Yogurt parfait (sp?) for bfast...YES PLEASE!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank newdelhi45
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed October 23, 2010

We spent the night here and the hotel looks like all the other Country Inns. It was OK with a few minor problems. The heat did not work but the hotel got someone to fix it quickly. In the shower area, some of the wallpaper has pulled away from the wall. The rooms were large, quiet and clean. The rooms are well furnished. Breakfast was fine with a nice selection.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
england
Reviewed October 5, 2010

We arrived in Paducah without booking a hotel only to find that most hotels were full. We eventually found a room at this hotel. The staff were extremely helpful. The room was comfortable, although the furnishings were a little tired. The breakfast was great. Pleasantly surprised having not stayed at this hotel chain before.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Whitesville, Kentucky
Reviewed September 6, 2010

We went on a 1 nite get away. The inn is clean good food and quiet. The location is close to things but rough traffic. It is as I always find Country Inns & Suites, a pretty good hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Harrisburg, Illinois
Reviewed July 5, 2010

The best thing about this hotel is the convenient location. You have an ample variety of restaurants within walking distance. The front desk clerk was courteous and welcoming. The lobby looked inviting as you walked in the front doors. However, unfortunately, this is where the niceness stops. The carpet in our room was filthy! My husband thought it was just the color until he looked at the bottom of his white socks. They had turned black! I didn't take my shoes off until I was getting in to bed, and speaking of the bed, I wouldn't even touch that bedspread. We just turned the thermostat up and used only the sheet to cover up with. The pillows were the absolute worst I have ever seen! The walls had something splattered on them that gave the impression of being blood. My husband thought it might be nail polish. I don't think I want to know. When you took a shower, the shower curtain leaked, leaving water to run down the floor. If you wanted to see just how dirty your feet got from walking on the floor, it showed in the bottom of the tub while you were showering. It was nice to get away, but I could camp and deal with this much dirt. Tell your friends NOT to stay in this hotel. I almost forgot, unless you just want people to know what you are doing every minute, don't stay in this hotel. The walls, as well as the door and ceiling, are paper thin. We knew everything that went on above us and around us.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed June 30, 2009

My daughter and I stayed here one night while traveling. The hotel was nice, but older. The staff was friendly and helpful and the room was nice, roomy, comfortable and we had a whirlpool tub which was great.

The free breakfast was really good. A great variety of hot and cold foods. There were plenty of choices to chose from and they kept everything well stocked.

Location was great. Lots of restaurants, and close to interstate. I would stay here again if passing through the area.

Stayed June 2009