“Amazing..”

National Quilt Museum Admission Pass
Ranked #1 of 35 things to do in Paducah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The National Quilt Museum is a nationally recognized art museum that exhibits the finest fiber art in the world. In an average year, the museum is visited by quilters and art lovers from all 50 states and over 40 countries worldwide. Our exhibits rotate throughout the year so they will be different every time you visit. We are a four time TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence winner. If you enjoy art museum's you will love The National Quilt Museum. Open 10am to 5pm M-Sa and 1pm to 5pm on Sunday.
Lexington, Kentucky
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Amazing..”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Quilt Museum had such a wide variety of quilts! I never knew there were so many different styles or ways they could be made. There were quilts from Japan and other countries. It is truly a global art.My favorites are the all hand stitched. The craftsmanship is amazing!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank debbies429

Owensboro, Kentucky
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“A Quilter's Dream”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Quilt Museum has over 400 quilts in their collection. The collection is rotated with 60 quilts shown during each exhibit from all over the world. The Japanese Quilt Collection was on display August 31, 2013 which was absolutely gorgeous. While the pre-Civil War Collection showed the simple beauty of hand-stitched beauties done before mass production with a great deal of pride put into the quilts. I am not a quilter but grew up seeing my great-grandmother, my grandmother, and mother quilting. Wish I had the patience. Quilts are an artwork that get little attention in the grand art museums but require much more work and creativity than many paintings. Art lovers, quilters, and people who enjoy nostalgia will truly enjoy a visit to the Quilt Museum.

Charlottesville, VA
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Inspiring!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've never seen quilts like this in my life! They are fabric art. I would see one and say, "That's my favorite." then look at the next -- "Nope, THAT one is my favorite!" and on and on. All of these quilts were so incredible I simply couldn't choose among them. There were three shows on at the time I was here: selections from the museum's collection, the Japanese quilt collection, and a Civil War quilt collection. I thought we'd been in there for an hour, but looked at the clock and we'd spent 3 hours looking at the exhibits.

In addition to the exhibits, there is a great gift shop, with an extensive selection of quilting books. They also had quilters working on various quilt blocks so one could see how they are done. I'd love to go back and see it again!

2 Thank Eleanordew
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“A wonderful Experience”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Being new to quilting, I was very interested to see examples of quilts done in various styles. There are wonderful quilts displayed in all disciplines, and there were two very special exhibits - one for Civil War quilts and one from Japanese quilt artists. Everything was spectacular to view. Each quilt had an information card that enhanced the viewing experience. The ladies in the display area, the gift shop, and the ticket counter were friendly and helpful. A very worthwhile experience.

1 Thank Cheryl C
Nashville, Tennessee
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Could be improved...”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I am not a quilter, but I stopped to see the museum because I was in the area. Yes, the quilts were beautiful. I just felt that curation could be better. Maybe an exhibit or more description on exhisting exhibits on the quilt making process. Also no photography (flash or no flash) allowed.

1 Thank grendelpuppy