“I am not even into quilts, but this is a cool place.” 5 of 5 bubbles

National Quilt Museum Admission Pass
Ranked #1 of 34 things to do in Paducah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The National Quilt Museum is a nationally recognized art museum that exhibits the finest fiber art in the world. In an average year, the museum is visited by quilters and art lovers from all 50 states and over 40 countries worldwide. Our exhibits rotate throughout the year so they will be different every time you visit. We are a four time TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence winner. If you enjoy art museum's you will love The National Quilt Museum. Open 10am to 5pm M-Sa and 1pm to 5pm on Sunday.
Kentucky
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“I am not even into quilts, but this is a cool place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

This museum is large and extremely well done. As I said, I am not even into quilts, but still enjoy it with relatives and friends who are visiting. I use the gift shop often also.

1 Thank KentuckyMagpie

Detroit, MI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A great value - both in varied exhibits and cost”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife and I have made other visits here. We are always looking forward to see what will surprise us. Needless to say – we weren’t disappointed. This time it was a large piece entitled – Harmony Within – by Sue McCarty. The descriptive post next to the quilt showed that Sue got her inspiration from a walk thru a Japanese garden in a park she visited in Tacoma Washington.

The intensity of the red color on the entire piece with sparkles caught my eye. The sparkles were from 4,200 Swarovski crystals used in key points of the design. On the outside was a border made of antique Czech material. Her accompanying story told me so much of what the various design elements were – even to include seeing a fisherman leaning against a tree while enjoying life. I must say – we enjoyed seeing it and the many other works.

As I wrote this, I noted a prior reviewer was concerned about the cost - “Too much $$” For some, I think that is possible if they had expectations of a certain type or era of quilt they favor. I would guess that there is usually about 5 galleries that have recent added works to view and with descriptive notes. I think if I were to only view the pieces for a distance and not read the notes might miss – the rest of the story – as Paul Harvey used to often say during his news programs.

We look forward to our next visit and what new technique or story we might discover.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank MagWheel
North Branch, Minnesota
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Too much $$”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

It is the National Quilt Museum and we do quilt, so how could we pass it up?? Well at $11 per adult and $5 per student. I found it a bit expensive to walk around a few rooms with quilts hanging. Especially with the explicit rule of no touchy touch. ( you have no idea how hard that was lol) The quilts were beautiful and inspiring and my husband made it a fun experience with his wit, but still the price....

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Toni0205
frank b, Manager at The National Quilt Museum, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
We are very sorry to hear that this visitor was not happy with the experience at the Museum. As you can see by our other reviews, this experience is not typical. We have achieved "Certificate of Excellence" status with Trip Advisor multiple times and we work hard to continue this level of excellence. We offer any visitor a money back guarantee. If they do not think their visit was worth the price we are happy to refund their money. I have personally extended this offer to this reviewer.
Cape Girardeau MO
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Beautiful skill”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Amazing skill in combining sewing and art. Quilting machine may be easier than the hand quilting but it's still the imagination of the quilter which is showcased! Take the time to go slow through the museum to appreciated each detail or story told.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank Glenda Valerie W
Duluth, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beautiful and talented artists”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

I just recently visited the quilt museum and was over whelmed by the beautiful quilts on display. My husband visited with me and he had a hard time keeping his hands off them. My only complaint was that one whole wing was devoted to just one quilter and I did get tired of seeing so many quilts with stars, I would much rather have seen other artists quilts displayed. More variety and I would have given it 5 stars.

Visited March 2013