“Inspiring and Rejuvenating”

National Quilt Museum Admission Pass
Ranked #1 of 37 things to do in Paducah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The National Quilt Museum is a nationally recognized art museum that exhibits the finest fiber art in the world. In an average year, the museum is visited by quilters and art lovers from all 50 states and over 40 countries worldwide. Our exhibits rotate throughout the year so they will be different every time you visit. We are a four time TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence winner. If you enjoy art museum's you will love The National Quilt Museum. Open 10am to 5pm M-Sa and 1pm to 5pm on Sunday.
Reviewed April 27, 2012

My wife has wanted to get to the Museum for year's, and last month we made it. I had no idea I would be so moved. I'm a musician and woodworker and I was awestruck by the creativity and artisanship. The gallery has a spiritual aura about it, like being in the redwood forests in California. We wispered our exclaimations from quilt to quilt. We came home truly energized about our own arts' endeavors. Do support this American treasure. Pete and Kim, Bloomington, IN.

The staff is most helpful and passionate about their work.
I'd suggest going early in the day for a long hour, then take a walk or have lunch and come back for another look. The richness of the work takes several viewings to reveal the true depth it can have on a person.

1  Thank Peter B

Reviewed April 26, 2012

This is the best of the best in Quilting. The charge is $10 and well worth every penny.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

Stop by the museum if you can. The admission seems like it might be a little much, but when you go into the museum and see what kind of art people create with what you thought was your grandmother's quilt, I'm sure you'll agree that your time and money were well spent. The staff and director were very willing to ask every question we had. You need to see the wooden quilt!

Reviewed April 15, 2012

The display of quilts brings to mind the quilting my mother-in-law and her friend Ollie would do with their quilt frame! Each of us and our children got a quilt! The quilts are such a personal keepsake! Buying one is not the same.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Did a daytrip with a friend (Evansville IN to Paducah) and we had a great time! The Quilt Museum is intriquing, even for non-quilters such as myself.....although I have since started learning to quilt!!! We checked out a few of the art shops/galleries in Lower Town, too. It was a perfect day trip. We ate lunch at the local bakery/deli across the street from Cynthia's.....cannot recall the name, but we enjoyed it!