“A happy little piece of serendipity”
Review of Shandies

Shandies
Reserve with OpenTable
Shandies is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 210 Restaurants in Paducah
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: N 2nd St
Description: Shandies offers a menu that is familiar yet creative in its international culinary influences. Relax...Savor...Enjoy!
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We ate at Shandie's because it was the first nice-looking restaurant we saw, and it was wonderful. It has a pub-type atmosphere, located in an old brick building and fairly noisy. But we were seated in a little back nook which was very nice. The menu was innovative. I had pecan-crusted chicken breasts with maple sauce, accompanied by vegetable couscous and orange grilled asparagus. It was all delicious, except they put red beans in the "vegetable" couscous, which I would have left out. My husband had a Shandie burger, which he really enjoyed. I would definitely return. It would be fine for families.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We were there on a Thursday night, not a large crowd. The service was very friendly. The meatloaf had been highly recommended so I tried it. I'm not much of a meatloaf girl so can't claim expertise. It was good but not as world-changing as it had been described. There were a fe other things on the menu that looked interesting but everything seemed to be a very large portion. I would describe it as good, traditional food with a few different sauces or preparations.

It is an interesting and charming old building and I like what they've done to it.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Somewhere in between the previous reviews ("Pass this place" to "delish") is where we think a fair review would rest.
The printed menu is interesting, even tempting. It's unfortunate that the actual food doesn't meet expectations.
The "hot" food we received was barely room temp which adversely affected our opinion.
The restaurant was not crowded; we were among just a sparse handful of early diners. A party of two arrived well after we did and yet received their food well before our party of two did. While looking around the place we noticed that one of that party ordered exactly what one of us did (which was odd given the wide variety of "mix n match" menu items.) Half-way through eating his meal the waitress came and said "sorry I gave you the wrong meal." So his was replaced. Perhaps he got one of our meals? No way to know cause when our food finally arrived we were given no reason as to its delay. Whatever the reason, both our plates were at best lukewarm which really detracted from our enjoyment.
The prices aren't awful, but costly enough to expect better service. There are a number of other restaurants within walking distance. Next time we'll try one of them.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This place sucks, we stopped in before a concert. Ordered a $15.00 dollar Burger, and it was horrible, over cooked blackened around the edges, there is nothing worse than tasting burned burger.. It was served with cold mashed potatoes. It had absolutely no taste, first place I have ever been were the waiter asked if I wanted salt and pepper? Not sure what happen with the burger, but suspect the cook pressed the taste out of it. This place is way over priced, I think they have convinced themselves they are some trendy upscale place, but falls way short. I travel all over the country and use trip advisor in my selection of new places, however the reviews let me down on this one, not sure how anyone could rate anything except poor, somewhat stunned!! I would bet it won't be long and the doors will be closed or at least should be, Pass this one up! Oh ,no kids menu, so my six year old stuck with a 15.00 dollar burger which sucked.

1  Thank wmac62
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This place sucks, It is way over priced and the 15.00 dollar burger was horrible, no taste what so ever, it appears, like many places it appears the cook pressed or squeezed the taste out of the burger. The smashed potatoes were cold. I think they are trying to be this upscale or mid-scale dining and it falls way short. First place ever I had to ask for a salt an pepper shaker. I'm stunned at the other reviews on here which rates this place anything other than poor. I suspect some of these reviews are staged. Anyhow, I travel all over the country, and trip advisor reviews do help in my choices when I travel, but this one is a BIG NO GO!!!! I think McDonald's would be a better choice.

1  Thank wmac62

Been to Shandies? Share your experiences!