“Awesome piece of History!”
Review of Wacinton Sculpture

Wacinton Sculpture
Ranked #13 of 37 things to do in Paducah
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have passed by this monument of early American history many times, located in Bob Noble Park. It is a master class example of wood carving (sculpture) and it is a wonderful accent to Paducah's rich history. A Must see!!!

All reviews
in 18 reviews
"art"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We were excited to check this out and it ended up being a big tree. It's cool to look at, but I would not consider it an attraction.

1  Thank Beebopabby
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I read about this statue on Trip Advisor and the pictures whet my appetite to see it with my own eyes. It was impressive to think that it was carved from a tree. My husband and I were traveling with my inlaws visiting from Rome, Italy. All in the group were pleased with this stop during our trip from Nashville to St Louis. Since we were in Paducah we drove downtown and walked the waterfront and ate dinner at Whalers Catch. All was worth the time and effort. If I were traveling this way again I would return to visit downtown Paducah. I probably would arrive earlier in the afternoon to see the National Quilt Museum and have a more in depth look at downtown.
Sidenote: The drive to the statue is not scenic or beautiful but make the drive to see it anyway and then head downtown. Great free activity for families with kids and tourists looking for things to do off the beaten path on a road trip.

1  Thank Talyvser
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have lived in the area for 8 years and continue to find new things to see and do all the time. Take the time to visit this area and learn some of the history. You won't be sorry.