“Exceeded my Expectations”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Paducah
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Paducah
Reviewed February 18, 2013

While travelling with two small children, my husband and I wanted a hotel with a family friendly atmosphere and a room with plenty of space. We opted for a one bedroom king suite. The room was amazing, very clean, and roomy. Everyone was kind, and despite being on the side of the interstate, our room was quiet. Breakfast is included and quite good. The only issue was that several young children were at the pool unattended by an adult and were making it difficult for others to enjoy any time at the pool (not that this is the hotel's fault). We would most definitely stay here again and highly recommend this hotel. It is within minutes of anything you would need or want to do in the Paducah area, and is by far the cleanest hotel I have stayed at in quite some time.

Room Tip: I would highly recommend a one bedroom king suite for an extended family stay with one or two childr...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Paducah

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Hotel was very nice, clean, free hot breakfast and friendly staff and Quiet! Noise is one of my biggest complaints when it comes to hotels and I didn't hear a thing all evening and the hotel was booked!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dawn D
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This hotel exceeded my expectations by miles. I've been to many Fairfield Inns and this one is by far the best. It's either a relatively new hotel or it has been kept up well. The lobby is beautiful and inviting, the rooms are clean, the staff is friendly, and it's very convenient to stay at if you are traveling on I-24. The complimentary breakfast is by far the best I've seen for a hotel in its class. It's certainly not your standard continental breakfast as it has just about anything you would want for your first meal of the day. If you are looking for a hotel in Paducah, you can stop searching now. I highly recommend Fairfield Inn & Suites Paducah.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have been here before and returned when I had more business in Metropolis, Il. I found the hotel to be the standard Marriott FAirfield Inn but the staff is excellent and the breakfast was just a little better than most.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank joe g
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This hotel is right on top of Hwy 24. The staff there calls one whole side of the hotel the "noisy side". Do not stay on this side if you have any ideas of sleeping at night. Many hotels buy cheap land next to highways but this one.. is sooo close you could wave to the drivers as they go by. See photo taken from their breakfast area. Truck braking anyone?

Now, if you manage to get a room on the 'quiet side'... I hope you enjoy train noise as the tracks run right by the hotel. The photo I took was from inside the hotel.. that is a truck going by. With the roadway above the lowest level as you can see.. the highest floor (4) is perfectly even with the road!

Yes, it is a new hotel so everything is nice, clean and comfortable as long as you are awake and not trying to sleep. While the hotel is new, so is the staff. It took the lady 3 hours to check us in after we requested a room on the quiet side. Oh, rooms were available all right but, she had no idea how to work the Property Management System to change our room! Unbelievable. Management was unavailable so she called the Marriott next door for help and he was unable to figure it out. I spoke to the GM... Tanya... she said she was doing me a big favor because the Farfield is a 'competing property'. So much for the Marriott family, huh?

In the morning, there was no one at the front desk while me and another person waited to check out. Oh.. they were there.. in the back.. chit chatting about their social events while customers waited. No management over sight.

This hotel... yes clean and new... is in a terrible location and has poor attitudes to their customers. I am a life time Platinum member of Marriott and have plenty of experience with this chain... try another hotel in Paducah.

They did refund my payment for the room. Big deal. I spent hours being frustrated and angry after driving all day. So... be aware of the noise.

Room Tip: If you must stay, request the quiet side... away from the highway or, bring ear plugs. No, the AC do...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This Fairfield Inn may very well be one of the best hotels in Paducah, Kentucky which has for a long time not been known for good hotels. This is changing as several new hotels are now in the area including several in the same immediate area as this Fairfield Inn. Upon entering you may not believe you are entering a Fairfield Inn. The lobby is very nice and a real upscale from other Fairfield Inns we have stayed in. The desk clerk was very friendly and courteous. The outside area was very clean, as was the lobby. Our room was on the second floor and not too far from the elevator. A tip concerning rooms. This hotel backs up to Interstate 24 and my suggestion in to ask for a room that is on the front side of the hotel away from the road noise. You can hear the vehicles on I-24 very clearly if you are on the back side.

Our room was very clean however there are some issues with housekeeping. We had three rooms during this stay and one night one of our party entered his room only to find that the room had not been made up even though it was 7PM. The front desk clerk said she did not know what happened. The housekeeping crew was gone for the day. Also in our room there was a dirty towel left behind by housekeeping. Other then these incidents, the rooms were fine and very modern. Everything in the room worked well including the internet.

At breakfast we ran into a couple of issues however these were not with the hotel but rather the woman that was to have taken care of the breakfast area. We are still rating this hotel 5 stars since it is very nice and we are not deducting for the incident described here. The breakfast area person was usually no where to be found. We don’t know here she disappeared to. One batch of yogurt was outdated by several days and this had to be reported to the front desk. When the woman did appear she was carrying several apples pressed against her not so clean apron. In fact the apron was slightly soiled and she held onto the apples by pressing them against her breast. She never one checked on a guest or never once did we see her clean a table. The breakfast bar would have been very good if she had kept the items stocked, which she did not. This person need training badly.

One last tidbit. We noticed housekeeping personnel coming off the street directly to the breakfast bar and one of them actually filled up a plate of food before departing the area, others gathered around the coffee pot area and got cups of coffee. My wife and I had to wait at the coffee area while several filled their cups. We do not believe this should be taking place and that housekeeping should not be in the customer breakfast area. They should have their own coffee area.

Out check out was accurate and pleasant. This is a definitely a five star hotel for this area.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from Interstate 24. Choose a room on the front side.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is a brand new hotel, located near shopping and restaurants, very clean with a contemporary décor throughout the facility, will definitely stay here again!!! The room had a refrigerator for drinks & snacks which was nice since my son was playing in a tennis tournament. The breakfast and room rate was reasonable. The staff was very nice and helpful when needing directions. Our room was located on the front side of the facility away from the interstate which helped to reduce the interstate traffic.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family