“Clean, fresh eating experience. With good food.”
Review of Jasmine

Jasmine
Ranked #43 of 212 Restaurants in Paducah
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Our visit to Jasmine was a nice surprise. It does have an excellent reputation and it is well-earned. The food was good, and our quick service (I believe our server's name was Shannon) was impeccable. I love to hear honest answers when I ask "what do you like?" - even if it's not something I'd pick. Jasmine is a breath of fresh air for Paducah. Also - they have drink specials, take a glance at the table cards before you order.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have been going to Jasmine since it first opened. At the beginning, it had a nice urban vibe and the freshest sushi in the area. There has been a slow drift from the urban vibe, which is fine...but there has also been a slow drift from the meal quality.

While Jasmine has always been pricey for the area (think $52 plus tip for three), it was worth it for the food quality. I won't be going back soon, though, as our last meal has demonstrated an ongoing shift from fine protein (chicken and fish) to carbohydrate loading.

My $7.00 sushi roll was the final straw. (See attached picture). I finished one roll at the restaurant and just packed the other one home as an illustration. I've attached a deconstructed sushi roll picture with this review. For those wondering, it is .75 ounces of tuna and 6.25 ounces of rice--not the proportions they started out with several years ago, but the more common occurrence now.

I liked Jasmine, and hope it continues to bloom; but at this rate you're better off with a box of Uncle Ben's.

2  Thank william c
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Great service. Always clean and the food will surprise you. Great mixture of asian styled foods Thai, Chinese and Japanese. Surprisingly good sushi, try the Crab Dragon. This is Kentucky so be prepared, most of the sushi is fried. Very little fresh fish.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I love eating here. I get to enjoy eating some sushi while there is something on the menu for him to eat as well. The Lemongrass chicken only comes as appetizer..wish it was an entree

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I went to Jasmine for dinner looking for Thai and some sushi. It was a good choice. The décor is somewhat interesting. It looks like it was an old strip mall breakfast restaurant converted to a Thai restaurant. They got about 75% done with the conversion and stopped though. Think Thai restaurant décor with fixtures from Perkins. The background music was at a volume that allowed conversation and was a good mix of modern hits and classics from the 80's through 2000's.
I asked my server Chelsea what she could recommend and she suggested the Katsu-Don on the table tickler as well as the Favorites section of the menu. I ended up ordering the sushi appetizer and Pad Thai. I did see Chelsea greet the table next to me and remember that they are gluten free diners and the specifics of a previous order they had. Very nicely done.
The sushi appetizer was a great deal. Five pieces of ngiri that were almost (read ..."should have been if eating politely.") two-biters. They were big cuts of fish and fresh. I loved it. Best sushi I have had in Paducah.
The Pad Thai was very nicely flavored as well. They hit a great balance in the sauce between sweet and the powerful fish sauce. I liked the ground peanuts on the side and the acidity from the lime accented all of it. The shrimp were cooked well and it was a nice portion. The only negative is a pet peeve of mine. They left the shrimp tails on. I hate this when dining. I do understand it is a presentation enhancer and flavor enhancer to cook with the shells. It is a big negative to me to have to dig through a saucy dish to peel the shrimp so I can eat them. If I want peel-and-eat shrimp I will order that. Okay, rant done...
Overall the meal was very good. I now know to ask for my shrimp to be peeled in the kitchen here. The sushi was top notch and I will order that again here. If you are looking for Thai and/or sushi you need to try Jasmine. I will be back.