“You Go For Steak. Period.”
Review of Doe's Eat Place

Doe's Eat Place
Ranked #9 of 211 Restaurants in Paducah
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Doe's Eat Place is a joint. There's no table cloths. The napkins are cloth-like. The ambiance is probably not first date or a special occasion worthy. Service is good+. But OMG do they do steak! I grew up in Nebraska cowboy country and live in the Kansas City area. I've had some of the finest beef in the world and believe me the bone-in strip steak (Kansas City strip) at Doe's is right up at the top. And it was cooked perfectly. My bride had spaghetti and meat balls. Outstanding. She liked the slightly sweeter sauce. Don't forget the tamales. Slightly out of place in this steak house, but give them a try. Amazing! Didn't try the chicken or fish. But why would you.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Love the black and blue salads and the tamales and chili. Dinners are heavier with emphasis on beef.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

My husband and I split a 1.5 lb t-bone. We add a side salad and an order of fries to the order making it perfect for both of us. When the steak arrives at the table my I cut away my half and send it back for another minute on the fire. They are used to that happening so they make fast work of it. The bread they serve is absolutely perfect for sopping up all that bone juice/clarified butter on the steak plate. They also have a good beer selection.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

This is an interesting place. Steaks....spaghetti and tamales? Went here for a business dinner. The places is listed as a steakhouse, but the server said the spaghetti and tamales were the house specials. So..We all ordered spaghetti and got a plate of tamales to share. All I can say is Wow! Both were great. And I don't normally like restaurant spaghetti. Would definitely eat here again!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

This spot is very popular for steak dinners, but we were there for lunch. The shrimp po-boy was excellent, as was the burger. I cannot wait to get back for the steak!