“It looked like BBQ, but the pulled pork was less than expected.”
Review of Backwoods BBQ

Backwoods BBQ
Ranked #37 of 212 Restaurants in Paducah
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Only tried the pulled pork, so maybe the other BBQ meat is good. But the pork was a big let down. Went with my sister and neice and they both agreed it wasn't very good. Also the baked beans we had were Pork & Beans out of a can. The potato salad and slaw were good. But unless the ribs are something special, I'd skip this place. Oh, I did not care for the sauce. I grew up in Paducah and still remember when they used to have long BBQ pits at Carson Park and the meat cooked all day and was turned and sauced often. It was delicious, this wasn't even close.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

There is nothing fancy about the Backwood BBQ, but you get fast, friendly service, a nice pulled pork sandwich and really good BBQ chicken. Where they definitely have the edge is with their BBQ sauce. It has a bit of sweet and a bit of heat along with the tang that comes from vinegar. It is not your typical thick and heavy sauce. It is a nice change from the heavier sauces and very tasty. The baked beans were proclaimed, "terrific" with big hunks of smoky pork. The cole slaw was a nice addition to the pulled pork sandwich if you like your pulled pork Memphis style- which I do. Our waitress was hustling all over that restaurant but she managed to keep an eye on every one of her tables so we always had full glasses of sweet tea and diet Pepsi. She even gave us complimentary to go cups of our beverages. I don't remember the total cost of the meal, but the cost of my sandwich sticks in my mind, $2.95. It was a good size sandwich packed with the pulled pork! I am telling you, this place is a bargain.

1  Thank Cabdg
Reviewed February 4, 2012

After reading great reviews on trip advisor, we drove the short distance from our hotel for BBQ ribs. They were out of ribs and chicken at 6pm on a Saturday night. The chopped pork was ok, but no substitute! If you want ribs, you might want to call ahead to make sure they have them.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

I work close to Backwoods so it's a given I should eat here quite a bit. The ribs are good, the baked beans are always good, but the pulled pork...eh, not so good. I have had the pulled pork here about 20 times over the last few years and it's almost the same every time. It seems it's just a bit on the fatty side. I guess I am just comparing it to the other close BBQ restaurant that's close (starnes). Is it bad enough I won't eat it? no. The employees are always polite and the establishment seems clean (other reviews say it's not).

Reviewed October 2, 2011

We missed the place on our first first drive past and had to turn around. It was surrounded by larger buildings. I ordered the combination platter with hash browns and baked beans. The sides are OK but you are going there for the meat which was fantastic. The ribs are moist and full of flavor. The sauces go great with the smoky flavor of the meat. They do serve beer there. The service was very friendly and the food came out quickly. The Backwoods is not a fancy place, kind of homey and could be a diner in a small town. They do not have late evening hours.

1  Thank Michael V