“Good food, good service, gross bathrooms”

Tribeca Mexican Cuisine
Ranked #18 of 198 Restaurants in Paducah
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broadway
Description: Authentic mexican cuisine in the heart of downtown Paducah
Nashville, Tennessee
“Good food, good service, gross bathrooms”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

And gross is an understatement! More on that later.

We literally left there an hour ago. We are spending the weekend in Paducah, and my husband found this restaurant as a surprise; we love Mexican food and have it frequently.

Things I liked:
1. You get your own little cup of salsa. No worries about double dipping!
2. Service was great. Our server could not have been nicer. They had to close the restaurant about 30 min early - they'd been really busy that day & were running out of food. Apparently people did not see the "closed" sign & were still coming in. They did seat a number of these people & served them. Another server and the manager stopped by to check on us - you truly do not have to wait for anything.
3. The chimichangas were good - nice and crispy, white meat chicken and plenty of it, sour cream & guac. Could have used more guac and a green salsa. But it was good - I'd order it again.

Things that were mediocre:
1. Salsa. As others have mentioned - it tastes like it came from a jar. Not very thick, and kind of bland. Could have used some flavor/spice. It was acceptable; I've definitely had worse.
2. The margaritas are REALLY sweet. I am currently in a high fructose corn syrup coma. Seriously.

Things that were disgusting:
1. The bathroom. OMG. I waited til it was almost time to leave as my husband said they were kinda gross. That's an understatement. One bathroom, unisex. Apparently the men in Paducah do not know how to lift the lid or aim (and probably the women too). There is no urinal. There was pee all over the seat and floor. I declined to wipe the seat - after spending $50 on dinner I will NOT clean up urine.

We were enjoying ourselves and thinking about coming back sometime, until I went to the bathroom. That alone is enough to keep me from returning.

• Visited June 2012

Paducah, Kentucky, United States
“Really Good Stuff!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

Their fajita's are EXCELLENT! Good salsa as well. We go there 1-2 times a month.

• Visited April 2012
Burna, Kentucky
“Very good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

Best Mexican in town, is different from all the others very good!

Paducah, Kentucky
“Amazing food, friendly service, love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Okay, I am a local resident with season tickets to downtown theatre and symphony. Yes we eat out often and frequent the restaurants downtown. Out of several choices, Tribeca is our favorite. Even when we are naughty and forget to make a reservation on a theatre night, they manage to get us in, served, and on our way before curtain goes up.

All that said, the food is always fresh and delicious. We usually inhale two baskets of warm crisp chips along with salsa that tastes like it is a home recipe teaming with cilantro. We always clean our plates. Wash it all down with some zippy margaritas, and my husband is ready to nap through Dvorak. (Just kidding) Really, this is one of downtown Paducah's gems. Check out the artwork they display from local artists.

• Visited March 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mexican Looking Food for People who Hate Mexican Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

After reading all the positive reviews of this place, I was incredibly disappointed with Tribeca. Reviews refer to it as "Mexican with a twist", so I knew it wouldn't be traditional; but I wasn't expecting that twist to be "soccer mom decides to use leftover pot roast for taco night."

The food was bland. The salsa tasted like it came straight out of a can of Spaghetti-O's; the meat was like a pulled pork-pot roast- lunchroom mystery meat hybrid; and they seemed to have their cultures mixed up because they used mozzarella cheese and served white rice with peas and carrots as a side.

I don't know if this is a product of a complete misunderstanding of the food preparation or if this is some ignorant attempt to "improve" on a whole culture's traditional menu, but whatever the case, this is a disappointment for people who, when they read "Mexican cuisine" on a sign, expect Mexican cuisine.

• Visited October 2011