“Best of the BEST”

Candlewood Suites Paducah
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Paducah
“Best of the BEST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Imagine staying at a hotel where you feel more than appreciated; walking into a spotless suite that exceeds your expectations! Imagine feeling "at home." Traveling is my #1 hobby; having traveled all over the world, trust me, I've shared your nightmares. Just left (third stay in past 2 months); wouldn't stay anywhere else in Paducah, rarely have we ever been so pleased. Not only are the suites clean (really), they are reasonably priced, spacious and well equipped. The staff go out of their way to accommodate. Seriously. General Manager Stacy Thomas is outstanding. She cares about all guests, treated me like family, and thankfully, her staff follow her lead. Anita, Steven, Cindy, Megan all addressed me by name and resolved any issues immediately. Tonya and Katrina are excellent house keepers, always courteous and thorough to leave room squeaky clean. Tonya strives to help me feel at home. Staff love animals, especially our Pomeranian Cinnamon.

Nice décor, new full size microwave, fridge, dishwasher and stovetop! Spacious cabinets fully equipped. King bed was very comfortable; living room separated by a real door, with large TV's and dresser drawers in both areas. AC worked well, especially helpful after a bike ride in 95 degree weather. Radio alarm and closet in both bed and living rooms. Large recliner and queen sofa bed that was actually comfortable. Added plus: Free lemonade & mint patties in lobby, free use of DVD library, free washer & dryer, quality working treadmills. Loved their well-stocked snack room @ reasonable cost. Relaxed in gazebo out back, where we enjoyed complimentary dinner Wednesdays. Excellent location, close to nice restaurants and shopping mall. Can't wait to return! Well done Candlewood Suites! A+++

Room Tip: If need a lot of room, I suggest one-bedroom suite with separated living room/kitchen, extra privacy...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Stacy T, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Paducah, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Your review is overwhelmingly nice! Our team is so glad to have exceeded your expectations and we are so glad to have had you as our guest! Thank you for choosing our property to be your home away from home!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Vicksburg, MS
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I am currently staying at this hotel and am extremely disappointed. If there had been another option available, I would have walked right back to my car and gone somewhere else. The actual hotel itself is fine. However, the staff member that checked me in came off very rude and unfriendly which immediately soured my opinion of this establishment.

First, I had to wait 10 minutes for the staff member to show up at the desk. She didn't greet me, nor was she friendly. I had originally requested a lower floor and 2 of the 1BR King suites. This is what was confirmed to me when I made my reservation. When we got here, we got only one of the suites I requested and then a regular double bed guest room. They were both also on the top floor, instead of a lower floor. When I stated that one of the rooms was not correct, she rudely stated the hotel only had 4 rooms available and those were the rooms we were getting. She then said if I did the reservation online, they've been having issues with the computer so it's not her fault more or less. I can almost forgive the fact that they didn't have our room available as promised, but being rude about it is NOT acceptable. I'M THE CUSTOMER. An apology goes a long way. The way you come off to me when there is a mistake is what will drive my reaction to your mistake and color my view of the type of business you are running. I've worked years in customer service so I know what it's like to be on that side and deal with the public. It takes a lot to rub me wrong and she managed to do just that. Also, if you know you've been having issues with the computer, maybe you should fix it? Or call the customers with reservations and let them know you don't have that certain room type available.

Another complaint is that almost every single time I go outside or by the front desk, this staff member is sitting outside talking. I've never been at a hotel where a member of the staff does this constantly and isn't at the desk to wait on guests. I shouldn't have to call you on your cordless phone to get you to come help me. YOU SHOULD BE THERE ALREADY.

I'm not impressed with the customer service at this hotel at all and I will not be back.We usually stay at the Residence Inn and have always had an amazing experience there. We decided to try Candlewood this one time due to the fact that Residence Inn didn't have our usual 2 BR suite available. Never again. I don't care how nice a hotel is or if it's ranked #1....if your staff is rude and unhelpful, you get a big fat "F" and will not get my business again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sdgilliam8
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Paducah, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear downsouthgirl80,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we were not able to satisfy you with the service you have received. Kindly be assured that all your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

This location was definitely meant for business people and not for just a leisurely stay. This location does not have a pool which greatly distressed my grandson nor did it offer a breakfast which we have grown accustomed to in other motels. This location was not at all quiet. Could hear showers running and toilets flushing in the other rooms as well as people meandering and talking in the halls. We would not have stayed here except when I made the reservations I accidentally made them through Expedia (Not sure how that happened) and I could not get a refund on my credit card. The lady at the front desk did say they were having problems with their booking system.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for our property. I apologize for any inconveniences you faced during the booking process and hope that you we can have you as our guest again in the future.
Foristell, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

If you do not like this hotel, you will not like anything. Staff was wonderful. Romm was spotless. Front desk was very helpful in directions to resturants. Would stay there again. There was not direction sign on highway or at exit. That is the one thing they need to fix.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Stacy T, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Paducah, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for stopping by and reviewing our property! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you as our guest again in the future!
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I won a gift certificate to stay here and I followed the directions on the voucher to make a reservation. When I called the hotel directly and gave the reservation agent my certificate number, she said she didn't need it and that she would make a note on my account. I went to check in and there was no mention of the gift certificate. Inwardly, I became agitated and I should not have done so.

Anita, at the front desk, couldn't have been any nicer and she apologized for the confusion. She was extremely courteous and she just wanted to be sure that I enjoyed my stay. The rooms were clean, spacious and very cozy. There was free wi-fi and that was a huge plus. It is right off the interstate (and very quiet, too) and it's close to numerous shops and restaurants.

Being a priority member, I received a voucher for the "pantry" and I had a late check-out time of 2:00PM. If you're not a priority member, and you're staying here, you may want to sign-up for this program ahead of time so you can receive these perks.

It is very convenient to a lot of things and I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Stacy T, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Paducah, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! I appologize again for the inconvenience you faced during check-in in regards to the gift certificate you were redeeming. I am very pleased that we were able to provide you with a wonderful stay. Our team hopes to have you as our guest again in the near future!
Charlestown, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed here for 5 mos. on a work assignment.
Hotel is fairly new, clean and safe. Staff was great, all were courteous and professional.
Location is great. Close to restaurants,shopping and highway in one direction and just minutes from Downtown Paducah and the Riverfront in the other direction.
Would highly recommend staying here for work or leisure. Very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words! It was a pleasure to have you as our guest! Hope to see you again soon!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Very good place to stay. Close to many place to eat and shop. Only a few miles in to town. Staff was friendly and check in was quick and easy. Rooms were clean and comfortable. I only had 1 small problem. There are only 2 washing machine for the hotel. This was a problem when you have rude people that don't empty the machine for at least 30 minutes after the load was done. It ended up to late to do my clothes. They have room and need more machines for the number of rooms. I would stay here again the next time I am in town.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! We know that all of our guests have a choice when traveling and I am so glad that you choose us! I do regret that we failed to inform you of all of our ammenities during your stay, we have an additional laundry room on a higher floor that would have been able to meet your needs! We hope to have the opportunity to have you as our guest again soon!