Wingfield Inn & Suites
$93
$102
$99
Orbitz.com
All reviewsholiday inn expressfront deskroom was cleanwafflesbiscuitsnew ownersmoonlite bbqnice staywould stay here againfamily reunionbaseball tournamentone night staystaff was very friendlybreakfast staffin towna great place to stayvery nice hotel
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Upon entering, the desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. He knew I was worn out and tired and made the check in with my Priority Club card very easy. He also gave me a phone # for a good pizza delivery and a ground floor room, close to my vehicle. I thought I had picked the right place to stay until I walked into the room, it was 80+ degrees outside and 80+ in the room since the air conditioner was not on. There was a dirty musty smell in the room that would not go away. The room and bathroom seemed clean, but the smell was terrible. I was way too tired to ask for another room, but should have since I paid over $100 and did not get much sleep because of the smell. The breakfast in the morning was good, typical Holiday Inn breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for another room if you are not satisfied!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Dear Softail13,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. I'm sorry for the musty smell in the room, but am pleased the staff was a high point of your stay. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
Case Manager

Reviewed April 15, 2012

I (a 72 yr female) stayed three nights and found everyone to be helpful and very willing to accommodate. The lady in the breakfast room was wonderful. She made a special effort to have grapefruit juice as well as other juice. She maintained the breakfast room better than I do my kitchen! Other travelers seemed to enjoy the Pancake Maker. This lodging is near Owensboro's airport <smiling> slightly smaller than D.C. or Chicago. One of the staff was kind and drove me to my departure flight (a Cessna-don't worry about airport noise) The area is very quiet. My King room was about the same as other similar priced lodging. It was well maintained. This location requires about a $10 taxi to midtown.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I stayed there recently for business and was very pleased. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful and the room was super clean. The breakfast the next morning was the standard Holiday Inn Express breakfast and was good.

I come to Owensboro about once a month and will make this hotel my first choice.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Stayed here three nights while in town on business. Rooms were nice and clean and the bed was very comfortable. Did not have a chance to eat breakfast but coffee was always luke warm and weak. The staff were the most lacking part of my stay. They seemed to be aloof and slighty unconcerned about me as a guest. I would stay again however.

• Stayed: March 2012
IHGCare, IHGCare at Wingfield Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2012

Dear Superevangelist,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced with our Staff. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are always welcome. We appreciate the feedback that we receive as this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed February 25, 2012

Was concerned by some things I had heard, but found out this is a new location and reviews were perrtaining to old. This was a nice hotel. The people were very nice, helpful and friendly. The room was clean and the breakfast was very good. I did not enjoy the pool as it is outdoors and I stayed in February. I have a few more trips there and plan to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business