Super 8 Owensboro
$90
$102
$99
Travelocity
All reviewsdunkin donutstexas roadhousetile floorsstay there againbed and pillowsthe staff was friendly and helpfulrooms are cleanthe hotel staffin towna great place to staymotelinternetratesbypass
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Great location. Great desk service. Close to various food choices. Basic breakfast. It is great that you allow pets. Other associates with Greyhounds stayed at the motel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I have not used this chain before, but I will be using it again - I thought this motel was great value. It seemed to be recently refurbished as the carpet seemed new in the corridor and the room, we had nice furnishings, and good facilities such as microwave, fridge, iron & board right in the room. My photos show how nice it is! Bed very comfy. Laundry facilities very handily on site too, for $1.50 each to wash then dry. Coffee & doughnuts in the lobby all the time, and for breakfast the selection was : fresh melon, bananas, 2 types of yoghurt, 2 types of cereal, bread which could also be toasted, a variety of muffins and doughnuts, butter and jelly to put on the bread. For this price, I think anyone wanting more choice is being a bit greedy personally. Motel is just set back from the main road through Owensboro so easy to find from the highway with lots of places to eat nearby.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is the 3rd time we've stayed at this particular hotel. We use Super 8 often because it's affordable and almost always very clean. Our first stays were very clean. On a previous stay it was clean enough that I commented on it to the desk clerk when I checked out and she asked me if I would speak to the house keeper directly because 'it would mean a lot to her.'
On this stay, we were not so lucky. The bed was the only clean thing in the room. I admit fully that I am a germaphobe. Because of this, I automatically wipe any surfaces that I will touch in the room (sink, light switches, faucets, etc). 99.9% of the time, the wipes come up clean. Not so in my room. The desk and tables were disgusting. The bathroom floor looked as if had not been mopped in ages. The carpet had huge stains.
We had a second room for a relative and the tub in that room looked as if it had not been cleaned, his remote was missing it's back and the toilet had not been cleaned (I cleaned it with my anti bac wipes).

Room Tip: Their beds are extremely firm, ask for a softer bed when you reserve your room if you need it. They will help.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed here on our trip to Holiday World for a much needed vacation.

Best quality for the price and location compared to the surrounding hotels.The staff was super friendly and our room was kept clean. Bed was slightly high, but enjoyable nonetheless. Unfortunately, didn't get the opportunity to take advantage of the breakfast selection. Great location; many stores and restaurants nearby. Overall, super thrilled with my stay at this Super8. Will definitely be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
1  Thank Patrick J
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We always try to travel cheaply but cleanly. Not impressed with hotels that offer all sorts of Five-star amenities, so we always look for the bargains. This place IS a gem though. Even though the credit card they had on file for me had been compromised, they still held the room for us. The motel SMELLS clean, rooms are nice, good sized, and clean. The breakfast may not please everyone --no they don't have waffles -- but it sure is enough for me. I can't say enough about the desk staff -- friendly, helpful, polite. Can't please some people who want $400 accommodations at $75, but we definitely would stay here again. AND this was the weekend of the Owensboro Barbecue Festival, when prices COULD have been significantly higher. It's located on the "main drag" so it's a quick shot down to downtown and the Festival, plus many of the malls are right nearby. Texas Roadhouse and Ryan's are within very easy walking distance.

Room Tip: Even-numbered rooms are away from the main highway.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends