“Bad smell” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Owensboro
Evansville, Indiana
“Bad smell”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

First off the front desk clerk & housekeeping were talking about a previous guest making me wait. Then we got to the room & it smelled awful, being nice, no toilet paper, water rings on table & something smeared on clock, oh a bottle of opened wine left in frig. I called front desk, they sent toilet paper & freshener. Told it was the chemicals used in room. I kept the cover to my nose to sleep, also had a group of men down the walk drinking very loudly keeping me awake, the worst hotel visit I've ever had & I will not return.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Owensboro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

The staff was so friendly and went out of their was to make sure our stay was enjoyable. We visit this area about once a month and will be staying here from now on!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Slow front desk service. Took my crew almost 30 minutes to get a card for our room. Once we entered our rooms a odor smacked me in the face so hard. It was the most awful smell ever. So I lay down trying to forget the smell we get a knock on the door. A co-worker found bed bugs on their beds. They're also getting registered for the website for bed bugs. I wouldn't let a homeless man sleep in this motel. I highly recommended staying at the Sleep Inn. It's only $10 higher and the overall service is 5/5.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
dayspm, General Manager at Days Inn Owensboro, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Guest, I would like to inform you that this room was checked by my staff and the pest control company we have on contract for monthly visit and NO activity was found. We have trained our staff and we take every complaint seriously. We want all our guest to best stay possible. Thank you again for informing us of your complaint so we could take care of any inconvenience you had during your stay. General Manager