“WOW much better now”
Review of Days Inn Owensboro

Days Inn Owensboro
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Owensboro
Reviewed January 22, 2008

This hotel is getting the much needed improvements.. Its under new owners and they are compleatly renovating the entire hotel. It looks so much better sense the last time i was here. The outside has a new facade and a new canapoy. All new lighting and the manager was talking about the room renovations that were soon to start. New carpet new furniture and all new bathrooms in all the rooms, Sounds like its all for the good. This place has a great location and it about time someone takes intrest in it and fixes it up. The staff was great , so nice to us and very helpfull in giving us directions to the mall. We plan to come back next year and cant wait to see it when it is done.. Dont let the past owners and the run down conditions from the past keep you from this place... Its better now and should look and be like new by this spring.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled solo

Reviewed August 8, 2007

We arrived at the hotel, only to be told that our room, which we had already booked and paid for through Priceline, wasn't available. I was amazed! I asked the front office staff how that could be when I could see my name right on the list of reservations? She didn't know which rooms were clean or dirty and they didn't think that they even had a room available, even though we had already paid! It took us standing there for an hour to finally get a room. The room was clean, but very run down and the bed was sagging in the middle! To top the whole trip off, we paid more for the room through Priceline than the hotel even charged and then the hotel tried to charge me again!

Don't stay here!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NrsSteph
Reviewed July 8, 2007

This is the absolute WORST motel I have ever encountered! I will reconsider even booking with Orbiz for having it on their site! I should have checked out the ratings, but was in a hurry.

Ceiling was sagging, air did not work, no iron, front desk clerk CRIED when we checked in and asked for a non-smoking room because she was having so many conplaints. (Manager left her alone on one of her first days!) Anyway, hotel tried to charge us twice for the room and then claimed they didn't know how to reverse it and the clerk couldn't call anyone because she did not have any money to use her cell phone.

VERY PATHETIC!!!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2006

We stayed here for one night. I made the mistake of going into the bathroom for the first time in the middle of the night and the blue/green decor scared me! We were supposed to have a non-smoking room and got a room with cigarette burns on the floor and an ashtray on the TV. We also found it annoying to not have anywhere to sit for our "continental" breakfast, but have experienced this in other Days' Inn properties.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank INTripTakers
Reviewed August 12, 2006

We stayed one night here on August 3rd. Absolutely horrible. It was by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had. Because of a large softball tournament in town it was the only room available or we would have left after an hour.

I bought a can of Lysol and sprayed everything in the room. The carpet was probably the original carpet from when the hotel was built (maybe 1970s). The mattresses were filthy and stained. THE PHONE DIDNT WORK AT ALL. We went to the movies and stayed out of the room for as long as possible - and basically just slept there.

It advertises wireless internet - but that didnt work either. The room was filthy and smelled terrible. Days Inn needs to take their name off this property ASAP.

• Stayed: August 2006
2  Thank catchersmom99
Reviewed July 18, 2006

My husband and I stayed the night and boy was we scammed!!
I was bitten 3 times by spiders in the room, the pool was closed by the health department, and Sunday morning when I went to the office to get coffee, I was in horror by the stories of the desk clerk and a maid (yes employees!) telling me of employees in the hospital for spider bites, mold exposure, and a long list of health violations. Over half of the rooms were in shambles and not able for use. Do your health a favor STAY AWAY..

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rider06
A TripAdvisor Member
Kentucky
Reviewed May 21, 2006

A group of Soccer players and parents shared the worst experience in a motel this weekend. Words cannot describe how pityful this hole was. Dirt everywhere, hair everywhere, filthy dirty carpets, two hand towels per room. The place was a disgrace and i cannot believe a big hotel chain like the days inn would be connected to this place. Your name(Days Inn) will not stay in the business much longer when people visit here i can assure you of that.

• Stayed: May 2006