“Good place to avoid!”

Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Owensboro
Fredericksburg, Texas
“Good place to avoid!”
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Where to start. Front desk crew could use some training on how to treat a guest.

While searching for a AC outlet to plug in my CPAP machine, I discovered the power strip in Picture 1. If my fingers had slipped at all while pulling this out from beside the bed, I might not be writing this review. Notified the front desk and they swapped it out after the second call. This device should never have been in this room! Some maintenance person or housekeeper should be fired!

The in-room safe was locked open and the desk clerk couldn't unlock it. Claimed he didn't have the right tool.

WiFi was not available in my room. Complained to the front desk and a woman behind the desk stated "It must be working, we are flying up here". Took my computer to the front desk area and it connected just fine but as I walked back to my room the signal disappeared. Complained several times and was given the answer that they were working on it.

Mentioned all my complaints to the morning clerk and she lowered my rate by 1/3. I am thankful for that, but the problems should never have existed in the first place.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank FBGTexas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Room looked clean at first, until we saw the dirty towel left hating on the back of the bathroom door and the used soap left on the tub.
One night there were 30 kids playing soccer till 10:00pm and we were trying to put our 3 year old to bed. Called the front desk to complain and the security officer told them to quiet down when it continued we called two more times to have nobody ever show back up.
We prepaid for 5 nights, but sacrificed one night and stayed with a relative, to be able to get a decent nights sleep.

• Stayed May 2011
4 Thank kibblz
OHIO
Reviewed October 31, 2010

We have stayed in Owensboro once a year for five years to attend the Jerusalem Ridge Bluegrass Festival. We decided to try the Days Inn this year.

Upon entering the lobby, there were several employees standing and seated. The front desk was polluted with piles of papers and file folders. I told them we had a reservation. A man started looking at his computer. He told me they didn't have the reservation (this was after I had confirmed the reservation twice by phone). He further went on to state they were changing over the computer system that day and all reservations had been lost. I asked why the reservations hadn't been printed before the changeover and was told that wouldn't have helped anything.

This guy kept searching with his computer and finally came up with a room. When I told him I needed to look at the room first he got hostile. He tried to program the key card and started throwing these cards all over the desk. Upon this gesture, a woman got up from a chair in the lobby to take over this transaction. Turns out she was the facility's general manager. Her attitude at the time was uncaring. When I examined this first room, there was only one bed in it for 3 people. Totally unacceptable. Upon returning to the front desk, they didn't think there were any other double rooms available. They searched and searched and finally told me they needed to give me a poolside room (apparently they were saving this room for someone else).

The room was clean. The beds were small for double beds. The room was very small.

When I went to check out the next morning, the General Manager was working the front desk. It was only then that she showed any concern about the check-in problem. I felt that was too little too late.

When I got back home, there was an email survey from Days Inn to fill out about my experience at their Owensboro hotel. When I completed the survey, corporate forwarded the results to the hotel and I got an email from the General Manager stating she thought we were satisfied with our stay and that everything had been made alright for us. She also stated the smart alack that was working at the front desk was given time off without pay for his antics, but also offered excuses for his actions. I didn't think there was any excuse for these actions toward a paying customer.

Why on earth a business such as this would change their computer system over on the busiest week of the year is beyond me. That's not a wise thing to do.

When leaving the next morning to head to Jerusalem Ridge, there was another person in the parking lot that had stayed in the room next to us. He asked me what I thought of this hotel. I kind of shrugged. He stated it was poor. He went on to say the continental breakfast was only juice, coffee and cereal.

We only wanted a decent room for a decent price. Not all the other things that went with this hotel stay.

Very disappointed.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank gto64
Jabbeke, Belgium
Reviewed September 14, 2010

We stayed at this motel Sep 13th. Our room (#109) was clean at first sight, but when we opened the cabinet under the TV, there was a lot of dust and filth under the door of the little fridge. The TV has not a lot of channels (no Hallmark, History, TV Land, ...). The general manager told us, when we checked in, that the pool was not available (even if the sign said it does). They had a problem and they had to put in Chemicals.
When we asked about the code for the wifi, we got an explanation that she ordered the internetcompany to fix the wifi and that they put us in a room where we would have wifi. A good manager fixes the problems and does not give only explanations. The guest pays for a services not for the words that explain why something does not work. The wifi worked sometimes in our room but the signal was very weak and when we had connection, it could not hold the signal for more then 5 minutes. We had to go to the lobby to do our emails. We could not use Skype to phone our family in Belgium. This was the first time since our round trip started Aug 31st.
The worst is the breakfast room. It looks like an old restaurant. On a table they put some milk, juice, bread still in the plastic bag and the rest I did not see because at that time I felt something biting in my foot. It was a flea. I killed it and went to the general manager. I asked her: 'Do you know what this is?'. She did not knew. A servant recognized it as a flea. I showed here where I was bitten. She responded: 'I think I will call the bug guy'.
When we checked out they even did not an attempt to apologize, let only they would think of compensating the bad service.
The lesson that I learned, is: Watch out for motels that have only good reviews from persons that only made 1 contribution.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AmarilisVos
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Sherry and Tina were so accommodating! Anything we needed at anytime they would make sure we got it! Extremely friendly staff! Me and my family will stay here every time we return to Kentucky!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Owensboro, KY
Reviewed June 13, 2010

I knew this hotel was remodeled recently so decided to give it a try. It was probably one of the cleanest hotel rooms I've ever stayed in. You could tell they tried hard to make it nice also -- all the towels were folded special, the beds were made up very nice. It just felt so clean - the carpets, bedding, etc. Most important -- the bedding was very clean and comfortable. My room overlooked the outdoor pool and although I didn't use the pool, it looked really nce. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
srowell42, General Manager at Days Inn Owensboro, responded to this review, June 24, 2010
Thank you so much for the very nice compliments on our hotel. Our staff thanks you it is always nice to hear when we are doing a good job. I will forward your compliments to all our staff members and we welcome you back to the Days Inn on your next visit to Owensboro Ky.

Shelly Rowell
Owensboro, Kentucky
Reviewed October 24, 2009

place was renovated recently inside and out. people were friendly and curtious. rooms were clean and inviting. would recommend to anyone to stay and i will definatly return.

• Stayed October 2009