“Absolutly best porkchop I have ever had.”
Review of Colby's

Colby's
Ranked #3 of 168 Restaurants in Owensboro
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I have driven past this place for almost 30 years and have always said we should try it sometime. We don't live near Owensboro and just passed through on our way to/from our family. We found ourselves in Owensboro yesterday with some free time so we finally tried Colbys.
Now I wish we had tried it long ago because we thought it was great. I got porkchops and the wife got a salad. Her salad was good but after she tried my porkchop she agreed that it was probably the beat we've had.
Service was great and so was our wait after ordering.
Also loved the atmosphere in the old downtown store. we would highly recommend eating at Colbys.

1  Thank sdilliha

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Have eaten for small family celebrations. We brought our own birthday cake. The server was very accommodating by bringing us small plates and a lighter for our candles as we had forgotten ours. We ate the chicken, fish, cheese sticks, potato soup among other things and all were delicious. It is a good place for a family gathering as it is not as noisy with loud music and commotion so one can visit. Restroom was very clean. Service was excellent.

1  Thank WestKY_3
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I regularly check the recommendations on TripAdvisor when planning my business travel and I'd had great hopes for my dinner at Colby's, based on the reviews I'd read and my experience from patronizing local - and usually much better than the 'chain' variety - dining establishments, yet I was EXTREMELY disappointed on this occasion. The friendly welcome by the hostess almost compensated for the less-than-stellar service by my waiter (he wasn't that bad, just wasn't there when you needed him - took the order, brought the bill, disappeared in between...). Otherwise, the dining experience left little to appreciate. The house salad was a bagged iceberg mix topped with tons of powdered egg yolks and one green (with brown spots) cherry tomato. (They did serve crumbled bleu cheese along with the bottled dressing which provided some zest to an otherwise poor excuse for a salad.) My entree was a 1/2-inch thick slice of gristly flavorless prime rib which appeared to have been put on the grill to warm (I had ordered it medium rare.). The baked potato was dry and overcooked (I love to eat the whole potato but the skin of this one was way too tough). The 'chef's choice' dessert was carrot cake that, other than the white chocolate slab it was topped with, had no redeeming qualities, being dry and the chef having been really skimpy on the carrots. The meal wasn’t great but even worse was the cutlery. Seriously. It would have been better to provide plastic tableware than the 'silverware' pieces in use - made by Sysco, child-sized and so very thin, light and cheaply-made that they couldn't pierce the food and cut into your hands when trying to do so. Really didn't find anything at Colby's - other than the house Cabernet that was surprisingly palatable - to merit a second visit. Hate to think this is one of the best dining venues that Owensboro has to offer.

1  Thank Susan G
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This place was great. There is a good variety on the menu. I had a steak which was was cooked perfectly as ordered and fries. The wait staff was great with checking to see if we needed anything and keeping our drinks filled.

1  Thank agky
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Was just there this weekend, my in-laws were in town so we took them to Colby's. Always good food, service was great. There was a large party in the side room, and our food still came out in reasonable amount of time. Quality, comfort food at fair prices. A great choice in downtown Owensboro.

1  Thank JOEL F

Been to Colby's? Share your experiences!