“Good food, meh service” 3 of 5 bubbles

Lure Seafood And Grille
Ranked #24 of 159 Restaurants in Owensboro
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Good food, meh service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I went there - for the first time - right after a menu change. Not sure what's so hard about pulling the old menus and replacing them with new ones....they're just printed on heavy card stock, after all....but this had somehow slipped past the staff and all kinds of confusion ensued. The waitress seemed to feel this was somehow our fault. The tenderloin tips were good and the mahi mahi was fine but not spectacular. Nice view and good ambience. We will return but....

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Anna D

Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
“Okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I am very picky when it comes to my food. The atmosphere was great, we sat upstairs, but the service was slow at best. I really wanted shrimp and grits, but was told the menu had just changed so no go. The prices seemed very steep and there was not any mid priced fares on their menu. My daughter ordered the lobster bisque, she said was yummy and the crab salad which she said was great as well, husband had sushi which looked great. I ordered the mahi mahi and it was good, however half way through it was raw. I mentioned this to the waitress and I got an whatever type of attitude. We were tired and didn't feel like driving so that's why we ended up here, but next time we are visiting, we will not be dining here. $167 with tip for 5.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Owensboro, KY
“Great Place for Sunday after Church”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

We finally caught up with Chef Gil again. He is doing his omelet bar on Sundays after church. The man knows how to make a mean omelet. It reminds me of being back on the cruise ship.

Tampa, Florida
“We'll be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

Brand new, so a few little bugs (figuratively) yet. But the food is quite good, menu interesting, and the setting is ideal.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank thomasapayne
Lake Zurich, Illinois
“Surprisingly impressed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

I went expecting to leave feeling like I had overpaid for decent food. Instead I left feeling like I had an excellent meal and would love to come back! Yes, it is expensive, but both entrees we had were outstanding - mahi mahi and ahi tuna - and worth the expense. The room is loud, as stated in previous reviews, so if you are with a group and want to talk ask to be seated near the entrance to the hotel. It seemed much quieter there. There was live music tonight (we were there on a Thursday night) that was quite enjoyable. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you're looking for great seafood in Owensboro!

1 Thank SueZet80