Tripadvisor

Old Hickory Bar-B-Que
Order Online
Ranked #4 of 225 Restaurants in Owensboro
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Description: Six Generations of Quality Bar-B-Que: What's Owensboro's favorite barbecue restaurant? Old Hickory BBQ, according to voters in the Messenger-Inquirer's Readers Choice Award! Thanks to all who voted for us! We specialize in Mutton, Pork, Beef, Chicken, Ribs, Ham, Turkey, Burgoo, Chili, Meat Stew, All Sides Available - Hickory Smoked BBQ Custom Cooking and Catering STOP BY 338 WASHINGTON AVENUE IN OWENSBORO TO SEE FOR YOURSELF. WE'RE OPEN 9:00AM TO 9:00PM MONDAY THROUGH THURSDAY INCLUDING SUNDAY. WE'RE OPEN AN HOUR LONGER ON FRIDAY AND SATURDAY.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went on a BBQ tour of the south, and this place won! Their meat is cooked really well, and the sauce is stupendous! We are even ordering it for our wedding in WA state.

Date of visit: April 2019
Write a reviewReviews (470)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

People like to argue who has the best barbque in the city of Owensboro. I honestly like both. I chose the other guy when visiting the city with friends or family and select Old Hickory when I am getting a meal to go (back home). I absolutely LOVE their turkey. With the sauce drizzled over it it is out of this world. I additionally like their onion rings and baked beans. I find their offerings to be very reasonably priced. The few times I have dined in have also been pleasant experiences.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 29, 2019 via mobile

We went here last night for dinner with family and friends, food was Ok but from all the talk before I was expecting more than they delivered. Not really anything negative but my experience here was average at best.

1  Thank N7224SDstevenb
Reviewed December 11, 2019 via mobile

First off if you are in the area and you are a BBQ fan you need to go to this place! If you've never had mutton you need to try their mutton! This is a triple D Nation Restaurant! The service was great the atmosphere was awesome and the food was amazing! Their menu is well-versed but sticks to the BBQ traditions.

Reviewed December 3, 2019

Four of us had lunch at Old Hickory after church on Dec. 1. Four different entrees and no one was disappointed. I had the BQ pork plate. Large portions of all entrees. We all thought the sides were yummy. The ice box pie for dessert was scrumptious. The price was more than fair and the service was super quick (and they were busy).