“Thank goodness this is just a once-a-year visit!”

Moonlite Bar-B-Q Inn
Ranked #2 of 171 Restaurants in Owensboro
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I first discovered Moonlite in 2008 during a work trip. We come back to KY once a year (to continue the project) and ALWAYS stop for the buffet and banana pudding. This visit was no different. Greeted, quickly seated and our drink order taken by the waitress. At the buffet there was a delicious turkey & stuffing side which was new to me as well as fried chicken livers. Omg, I had to pace myself. As always, our favorite dessert, the banana pudding, was practically a religious experience. If I lived closer this place could be a "problem" and I'd have to run weekly marathons just to burn off all the calories.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

They accommodated our whole team and we loved the food. At $18 per person it was a little high but overall good rating and we will be back.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Rode my bike down here from Grand Rapids just to try the mutton. The food was great.
Came out of the restaurant to find the local constabulary Taking photos of my bike .it was parked in a handicap spot . It has a handicap plate.
When I came out the policeman got back n his cruiser. He then proceeded to follow me all the way out of town. I don't think he had ever seen a handicap plate on a bike before.

I felt like I was in a bad grade B movie .

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Great FOOD it was awesome buffett. Southern style veggies and great meat. Would definitely come back to this restaurant.

1  Thank toby b
Reviewed April 10, 2013

A true champion of BBQ's. been quite some time since I was last here. Nothing has changed, excellent as always.
Their BBQ is fantastic!!!
Great service, super fresh ingredients and desserts to die for..........
One of the best, real BBQ places in the USA!!
No chain restaurant concoctions here, good home cooked BBQ in the old fashioned tried and true way.
Fantastic!