“New riverfront”
Review of Smothers Park

Smothers Park
Ranked #1 of 31 things to do in Owensboro
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Owensboro has put a lot of time and money into updating their riverfront (They are on the Ohio River). It is a great place to sit in swings and watch the river flow by.

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

I love Smothers Park. We take our kids there quite a bit during warm weather. There is ample room to walk, have a picnic, and romp and play. I always see a police officer on duty and always feels safe no matter what time of the day or night. The play area is clean, and interesting. Although I do have to admit it is usually a little crowded for my taste. But all in all I think it is a great place to bring your kids. I also recommend bringing your lunch there on pretty days. There is free Wi-Fi near the concession stand. And you can enjoy the beautiful water.

Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Very nice place for a safe walk. To get together for a moment away from everyday life. Great Job Owensboro for improvement of the riverfront.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

We went to take kids out for the day. The Park is amazing. But it could be a little scary if you have small children. It would be impossible to keep up with them.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

The downtown location is beautiful. Inside or out you have a wonderful view of the River. The bands that Friday after 5 books are amazing. Free concert, great music, a great place to meet friends, and just one great time!