“Skip the steak...try the salad”

The Briarpatch Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 177 Restaurants in Owensboro
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This was my third try eating at Briar Patch in the past 4 years. It has been a favorite of extended family for gatherings. Every time I've been their I make the same mistake. I order the biggest, best steak on the menu. The steak was on par with what you get at Waffle House unfortunately. The service was good. The salad bar has lots of things I usually don't eat like sliced beets, califlower, and sunflower seeds....Several choices of soup compliment the homemade bread (which was wonderful). Someday I might return to take advantage of the 50 dollar gift certificate I got this past Christmas. Right now I'll take a pass.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

What happened to this place ate a few years back it was good now the steaks are nasty I would not feed my dog this junk.

I will never return

Reviewed June 16, 2013

They say that they age the meats 30days before cooking I think they mean that steaks are cooked then aged 30days re-heated and served.

My wife had the chicken tenders and she thinks that they came out of a frozen dinner meal.

The salad bar is ok but nothing to talk about.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I always come here for the salad bar and it is always so good. The food is good as well but the salad bar is definitely worth the trip!

Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

I ate here on a Friday night with my boyfriend. The restaurant looks like a country time diner, but don't let that fool you. The sweet tea tastes amazing and the salad bar is the best I have seen. I ordered the filet mignon and stuffed flounder. It was out of this world. The filet was the best I have ever had and so was the flounder. Take my advice. Eat here. You won't be disappointed.

2  Thank Loveroffoodgal