“Slow service and not the cleanest”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Ranked #112 of 164 Restaurants in Owensboro
Cuisines: American
Kentucky
“Slow service and not the cleanest”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

End up eating here about three times a year and the service is always painfully slow. The food isn't bad but the overall feel of the place is run down. There are not a lot of options late at night in Owensboro, so I think if they could improve the service and clean up a bit, it would be nice place to eat late.

• Visited July 2012

OHIO
“Where's the service?”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I ate at this Denny's last week with my family while in Owensboro for the Jerusalem Ridge Bluegrass Festival at Rosine.

We were at the restaurant around 5:00 or 5:30PM on Friday evening. Only three tables were occupied at this time.

It was obvious right away the waitress who seated us hadn't been trained. I felt sorry for her. She had just never been taught the basic skills of dealing with people who come in for a few minutes of relaxation and a meal. Management had obviously failed to properly train an employee.

To make a long story short, we waited over 45 minutes for 2 hamburgers and a turkey club sandwich. When the food came the order wasn't correct.

There was at least 5 or 6 girls who were working that day. They all appeared to be waitresses. They all seemed pre-occupied with their cell phones as did the assistant manager when he stuck his head around the corner.

The table adjacent to us was also waiting on their food. They were already in the restaurant when we arrived. The waitress apologized to them for their long wait three times before they received their meals. They requested and extra side of gravy and that took another ten minutes.

When the food arrived, it was good. But, still, how can a restaurant operate like this? I won't be going back.

I called the phone number at the top of the receipt to tell about our experience. The number went to the franchisee. The person seemed very indifferent about the problems. He told me he was on the way to the restaurant right now but did not seem concerned that a paying customer went through this. I then called the phone number for the Denny's chain and got the same attitude from them. I guess Denny's as a whole doesn't care too much about service.

This all happened after a poor experience at the Bob Evans in Owensboro the night before. Is there a problem with getting good service in Owensboro?

• Visited October 2012