“Stop staring at me !”

Add it.
Bob Evans
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Homogenicity is desirable if your preparing a desert topping. My girlfriend loves Bob Evans. It does not bother her that people stare at us when we go there. Think i'll invest in bib overalls, a john deer cap and tennis shoes the next time I go there. The beverage selection should include something zero calorie and without caffeine (other than tap water). I like the pot roast.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I ate at this Bob Evans while in Owensboro and attending the Jerusalem Ridge Bluegrass Festival at Rosine, KY. I met with a friend at the Bob Evans the night before going to Jerusalem Ridge.

I've never had a worse experience in a restaurant. After being seated the waitress brought our drinks. That was the one thing that went ok.

I ordered the one piece meat loaf dinner. The waitress repeated back, "You want the meat loaf dinner"? I answered "One piece". She looked blank and then said "Where it at"? (WHERE IT AT!!!!!) I had to point to it on the menu for her. I also ordered mashed potatoes, green beans (requesting they be served in a separate dish) and biscuits.

When the biscuits arrived they were HARD. Hard as a rock. I couldn't cut them with a knife with good results they were so hard. Inedible. Another waitress attended to this matter and told me it would take 20 more minutes before she could prepare another batch of biscuits. I opted for rolls at that point even though that wasn't what I wanted.

When the food was served, it was obvious this wasn't Bob Evans standard. The gravy was served on the side (with the server saying "Here's your side of gravy"). The meat loaf was a little larger portion than normal but the quality was poor. It was gray looking. The mashed potatoes was about a half serving. The green beans did come in a separate dish that also included the waitress sticking her thumb down in the side of the dish while serving. That is disgusting to say the least, let alone unsanitary.

My friend ordered the turkey dinner and it was the same way--gravy on the side. He said the turkey was so dry it almost wasn't edible.

Right after the food was delivered a manager (or assistant manager) came around asking how everything was. He had eyes and could see the food wasn't properly served.

It was near closing time at this point, we were tired and just wanted to get back to the hotel for a good night's sleep before the big day at the festival.

When we were done eating we sat there for quite a period of time, maybe 20 to 30 minutes waiting to receive our bill. It never came. We were getting the eye from some of the employees that it was time to go. When the waitress finally entered back into the building she came around to the table and told us to both to have a good evening and to come back (was she trying to get rid of us?). We asked her if she was buying dinner for us? She immediately started shuffling papers trying to get a bill for us. A cashier was standing at the cash register telling us we didn't need a bill, that he could check us out without one which is what happened. I never received a receipt for my purchase.

I never plan on stepping foot back in this Bob Evans.

Overall, Bob Evans quality and value has slipped tremendously the past couple years. It's a shame. Here is an Ohio owned company that set a high standard for quality food, good service and value and it is slowly slipping away.

The best thing Bob Evans could do at the Owensboro location is to close the facility until proper training takes place.

Pitiful.