“Clean and cozy with friendly staff and a rockin bar!”
Review of Ramada Owensboro

Ramada Owensboro
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Owensboro
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I enjoy staying at the Ramada. The rooms are always clean and the staff are always smiling and super friendly. The convenience of milligans (hotel bar) and the yellow rose (bar within walking distance) makes the stay even better. The indoor pool is also a plus!! We give this hotel two thumbs up!

• Stayed: December 2012
RamadaGMOwensboro, Manager at Ramada Owensboro, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear Chanda3,

Thank you for your review of the hotel. My staff and I are always pleased to hear that a guest has enjoyed their stay. We hope you enjoyed the New Years Eve celebration here at Milligan's Lounge. See you next year.

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

My buddy & I stayed over nite & the next day went to Holiday World. We really enjoyed our stay!!!!! The staff was really nice & the room was wonderful!!!!!! We will only stay here when we visit the area. Thanks everyone for a great stay!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
RamadaGMOwensboro, Manager at Ramada Owensboro, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear Ricky,

Thank you so much for the kind words and the wonderful review. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay so much. I also hope you enjoyed seeing the incredible holiday light display at Holiday World. My staff and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I loved my stay. The room was clean and well maintained. Small problem with the toilet but nothing to stop me from using it. Sheets were clean, pillows were clean. Plenty of towels and washrags. Appliances all worked, microwave clean, refrigerator clean. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Could use a good carpet cleaning in the lobby and surrounding area but I understand they are going through some restoration so it was not a factor.

Room Tip: I am a smoker so I was stuck in the outside rooms. there are some nice non smoking rooms on the insi...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Dear Brudan2,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay. As you mention in your tip, we have both interior facing and exterior facing rooms and as such are able to accomodate people who prefer either type. We have situated the smoking rooms in the exterior facing section, primarily to maintain the lobby as a smoke free environment as required by the Ramada brand standards. We are glad to be one of the few hotels left in Owensboro that offer smoking rooms. The room appointments and amenities are the same regardless of location however.

Again, thank you for your visit, and you review. Please visit us again.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We checked in on Nov. 10 for my son's football tourney. The room did not smell fresh. Even though it was a non-smoking room, it smelled like stale smoke. The comforter had burns in it and the room is very dated. Reception was poor on the television throughout our stay. The breakfast was decent, but they ran out quickly. It did not seem that the staff was prepared for the amount of people staying. Our team booked almost 100 rooms. On Saturday we called the front desk to inform them that the tub was not draining properly. No one ever showed up. We called again on Sunday morning. We needed to take showers so that we could check out. 2 hours and 3 phone calls later, still no one. I finally cornered a housekeeping staff member to get someone there to fix the drain. He finally fixed the drain, but left all the nasty stuff he pulled out the drain in the tub.The front desk staff was very friendly, but this could not compensate for the poor quality of our stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank karkamaky

Dear Karkamaky,

I apologize for the difficulties you experienced during your stay. This is not typical of a stay here at Ramada.. It is possible that the delay in our response time was due to the very large, and active nature of the group in the hotel that weekend. As you indicated 100 of our 144 rooms were occupied with your junior high level football youth teams. The staff were kept quite busy dealing with issues that arose during the stay. Please accept my apology for the delay. This event is one of the largest each year, and the usage of the hotel common areas and rooms is extraordinarily high. We do our best. We do appreciate your business and hope to see you during this event next year.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
RamadaGMOwensboro, Manager at Ramada Owensboro, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Front desk was very friendly and helpful. However, we will not stay here again. We were here for our son's travel ball. Mold in bathtub, dust covered furniture, and the coffee maker was dirty and even had old coffee bags in it! I don't think the room was cleaned. We had to ask for clean sheets on arrival, which the front desk was happy to accommodate

• Stayed: October 2012
RamadaGMOwensboro, Manager at Ramada Owensboro, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Teachmamma,

Please accept my apology for the condition in which you found your room. This is far below our expected standard. I am embarassed and upset by your review, and sincerely apologize. From time to time we determine that an employee does not perform to our expected standard, and changes in employment take place. I very much wish I knew which housekeeper serviced your room last. Please know that your review and the picture you submitted will be discussed with my housekeeping department. This is not typical, nor is it our standard. I hope you will give us another chance when you are in Owensboro again.

Ramada Inn