“oct stay at Ramada”

Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Owensboro
LOUISVILLE
“oct stay at Ramada”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Location of the hotel was excellent,but the room did not smell fresh. The carpet was not sufficiently cleaned and the bathroom had mold/mildrew around tile.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Owensboro-Ramada-GM, Manager at Ramada Owensboro, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Janet,

I apologize for any issue you experienced during your stay. I am curious as to what room you stayed in . I scanned the names of guests in house the weekend you were here, and could not see a Janet booked in a room. We recently had a very large, long term contract with a company end. With the exception of about 10 rooms we have cleaned all the carpets in the hotel in the past month. The remaining 10 were not rooms used by this group. I desired to inspect your room, as I am concerned since we have so recently completed a carpet cleaning project. Additionally, we regularly replace any caulking or grout as it ages. My maintenance crew will look over all rooms again to be sure that any weren't missed. If so, please accept my apology, and please know that we do have carpet cleaning and caulking replacement plans on a regular schedule.

Thank you for your review, and I hope you have a wonderful day.

Ramada Inn, Owensboro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
MONTGOMERY, TEXAS
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We checked in on July 2, 2012 for my husband has a 3 month contract on a job in Owensboro and although I am back home, he is still there staying at the Ramada Inn. We were both very pleased with our accommodation and the entire staff were always courteous and prompt with any requests we had. The air conditioner in our room worked pefect even though the heat outside was in the upper 90's to 100 degrees. Our safe worked fine as did the coffee pot, the tv, the phone, and everything else in the room. I had the bisquits and gravy for breakfast and thought they were quite good. They also provided fruit, cereal, oatmeal, toast, muffins, bagels, juice, milk, tea, and coffee. I found the large lobby to be a very nice place to read and relax and computers were available for guest use. There is a friendly bar with live entertainment on certain days. I would definitely recommend Ramada Inn to someone looking for a clean room, good location, reasonably priced, and professional and friendly staff. JA, Montgomery TX

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ramadaasg, Manager at Ramada Owensboro, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Janet,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay. We are pleased to offer the wide variety of amenities, and it looks as though you were able to use and enjoy many of them. We look forward to seeing you again when you return to Owensboro.

Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed August 23, 2012

When we arrived at the hotel to check in the woman at the front desk did not check for any identification. I thought this was strange and potentially dangerous. The entire place looked run down and was just in bad shape overall. I would not bathe in the shower in our room there. The air conditioner worked but felt like it could quit any second and it wasn't as cool as I would have liked it to be.

• Stayed August 2012
Owensboro-Ramada-GM, Manager at Ramada Owensboro, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear loveroffoodgal,

I am very disappointed that you felt your stay here was a waste of money. Our goal here at the Owensboro Ramada is to ensure that every stay is comfortable and enjoyable. Please know that we strive to ensure that any situation less than ideal is addressed as quickly as possible to ensure every guest is satisfied. I see that your stay was in August. I know that many days in that month we experienced temperatures over 100, with extremely high humidity. Despite the great heat and humidity, I am glad to see that your AC worked, and did cool the room. We regularly service our air conditioners, and clean the internal parts on a schedule. I'm glad to see that those efforts were effective. We clean our rooms to a very high standard, I am concerned that you felt that standard was not met in your room. I apologize for any issue you may have encountered. We did determine a few months ago that a couple of our housekeeping staff members were not meeting our standard and released them. New cleanliness standards and tools were also implimented at that time to ensure that all rooms meet our very high standard at all times. I trust that should you return any issue you experienced will not be repeated. It is my hope that you will return to the Owensboro Ramada and give us another chance to show you excellence.

Ramada Inn, Owensboro

Travelers are raving about these Owensboro hotels

Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I was there for my friends brothers travel baseball tournament, he was playing in the World Series. The staff was extremely friendly, but the hotel itself wasn't all that great. We went down to eat the continental breakfast which was a few muffins, some juice and waffles. I ate 2 waffles and a glass of apple juice. I immediately recognized that the waffles were the kind you buy from the freezer at WalMart. Needless to say I didn't finish them. Later we went swimming the pool was very cold and filthy. Our room wasn't as disgusting as the pool but I used my own blanket just in case. Our TV didn't work half of the time, neither did our air conditioning. All of the plumbing worked well. The best part of the hotel is that it is close to good restaurants. I won't be going back there again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear 298Caroline,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am disappointed that your stay was less than ideal. I am confused by your description of the breakfast buffet. We have a wide variety of food choices on our hot continental breakfast service. We offer biscuits with sausage gravy, pancakes, waffles, several types of danish, several varieties of bagels, 4 cereal choices, fruit, 3 flavores of yoplait yogurt in both lite and regular, two types of bread, 3 varieties of milk and 2 juices. Along with varieties of jelly/jam, cream cheese, syrup and peanut butter. On busy sports weekends like the one that brought you into town we have multiple employees in the kitchen working on the breakfast service to ensure that the food is well stocked. We maintain a freshness date on all products and have always had a very high A rating from the health department. We have opted to offer warm pre-made waffles rather than offer the self serve waffle station which we have found to be a safety hazard, especially when we have so many young children in the hotel for sports tournaments. The waffles are are always freshly put out on the buffet each day, and typically put out multiple times throughout the breakfast service, ensuring that they are fresh, and satisfying.

The pool receives a great deal of use on weekends such as the one when you were here. We do vacuum and clean it regularly, and test our chemical levels multiple times daily. However, when over the course of a weekend several hundred children use the pool we will see the water clarity impacted slightly as we work to combat typical issues. Please know that the pool is clean and sanitary at all times.

I am sorry to read that you will not return, I hope that you will and give us another opportunity to provide an excellent room for you and your family.

Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed one VERY LONG night June 30, 2012.

Okay, so at first I thought this was going to be a GREAT experience, I was BEYOND WRONG.

My family and I were traveling (two adults, two 9 yr old kids, and one infant) and the heat was INTENSE (over 100) b/c of this medicines and baby supplies we had in the car were at risk of being ruined and the hotel let us check in early as we were heading to Holiday World (I was so thankful)....However, when we got to the room (which looked fine) the safe didn't work and apparently neither did incoming calls (odd, but the office said they were calling us later). We were bummed but no big deal. We left our bags and didn't return until the evening - when we did the room was really hot.

We tried all we could think of to get the a/c unit working but it just wouldn't blow cold. So, I called it in. The lady said to turn it off and let it sit. We agreed to try but it got so hot, and with our infant who even in diaper only was miserable, we called back. We asked her for a fan to circulate air (it was still over 90 degrees outside even at night!) but she said only if we paid $50.00. I couldn't believe my ears.....

She said the General Mgr told her to charge us $50 for the fan or not give us one. She said we would get the $50 back in the morning. I asked if I would also get the $100 I paid for the room back! I said I wanted to speak to the GM immediately. That I would NOT pay for a fan after paying for a room where the AC didn't work, the phone didn't work, and the safe didn't work. I told her I wanted a refund or a free fan - period.

It took until almost midnight before they brought us a fan. FREE ....yeah, halfway through the night - our stay should have been what was free.

NEVER stay here
I will NEVER go back
WORST experience at a hotel EVER.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Humoredcritic,

I remember your stay, and remember receiving calls from my staff overnight upon your return to the hotel. FIrst, let me say, I am glad we were able to check you in early. This is an added benefit we are often able to provide at no additional cost, and I am glad that it was of benefit to you. In reading your review I read that you were upset that we initially wanted to ask for a refundable deposit for the use of the fan. While it may seem odd initially, we ask for deposits in most cases, as fans, and other items provided to guests have often not been returned. I hope you will remember that when you asked for the deposit to be reconsidered I provided the fan at no cost, and without a deposit.

Please know that I was informed that the air conditioner had been allowed to run for several hours with the guest room door completely open. When my maintenance staff visited the room in response to the complaint he found over 10 people in the room, the door wide open, and people moving freely in and out of the room. That action coupled with a day of over 100 degree temperatures, and humidity well into 80% resulted in the condenser coil freezing over. Since your room was a room with an exterior entrance it was subjected to the extreme heat and humidity for several hours. Our AC units are new, work well, and are maintained, but they are not designed to continue working at peak efficiency under those conditions. The hotel was 100% sold out that night. If we had empty and available rooms we would have moved you to another guest room immediately. As it was, given our occupancy, and the manner in which the AC had been used we had few options available. We worked to return the AC to a working condition as quickly as possible, and provided a very efficient digital fan to assist with cooling. I feel we did our best under those circumstances to meet the needs of you and your family. I am sorry we could not do more to immediately remedy the situation.

Lastly, I do recall receiving a call from my front desk when you were checking out, you had requested a discount on your room which I provided. We took an immediate 50% off your bill. I then had a personal conversation with you later, and refunded the remainder of your bill.

Elkhart, Indiana, United States
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Don't let the pictures online deceive you. We just stayed at this hotel last week, a block of 10 rooms for my son's travel baseball team, we were in town for the World Series Tournament. The only positive I can say about this hotel is the location was very convenient to the sports complexes and plenty of places to eat, shop, etc. When you walk into the front lobby, your eyes say "looks nice" however just take a small walk into the area where the pool and lounging area are and the first thing you should notice is how extremely filthy the carpet is. I mean it's to the point where you can't even eat in there. Way overdue for a steam cleaning or even carpet replacement. The exercise room was another joke. It has 4 exercise machines and one of them was broke, the tv in there didn't work and the mirrors were very dirty. No towels in there. The pool area was small, and the boys didn't seem to mind, but we were there for 4 days and the pool didn't open until 9:00am and not once did any of us ever see anyone cleaning or maintaining the pool. No towels in the pool area, had to go to the front desk and ask for towels and most of the time there was none available. The floor right outside the pool gate didn't have any rug mats, so the floor was very slippery and you never seen anyone around mopping or maintaining that area. The FREE continental breakfast, that was a joke. frozen eggo waffels and pancakes and and I watched the employee literally pop the whole bag into the microwave to slightly warm them and then tore open and the bag and dumped them into the warmer, most mornings they weren't even hot, the only fruit on the bar was a few small apples, the biscuits and gravy weren't even good, gravy was very watery, like they just kept adding water and using it over and over. One of the rooms in our block, the microwave didn't work, however, they did replace it. Ice machines ~ there were 2 in one location and one of them didn't even work and the hotel had overnight workers that stayed there and they would fill up their large coolers every morning, leaving no ice for the rest of the guests, and the area where the machines were housed, was so disgusting dirty. Right across from that room was a few drink vending machines and that whole area just reaked of stink. Every little nook and cranny in this place was dirty, however, the only employees we ever saw was the housekeeping girls, never saw anyone cleaning or maintaining the inside area, i.e. vaccuming, dusting, cleaning tables off....nothing! I sent my son down to the front desk once to get towels, so we all could shower before his 2nd game of the day and the front desk lady told him "we'll have some in a little bit",so I had to go down there and demand some towels as we needed to get showered and over to the complex, her response was "housekeeping will be around in a little bit". Our complaints were voiced to the front desk at least on 2 occasions and one time the front desk clerk gave me the managers business card and said he would have him call me, and I wanted to speak to a manager and voice my complaints and ask for a room reduction rate, as $80 wasn't even a good bargain for this place, but he never called and on check out I again ask to speak to the manager and again he was not available and I was told to call on Monday to speak with him. DO NOT stay at this hotel, pay a little bit more if you have to and go somewhere else!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Donna,

I can see from your review that you were unhappy with your stay, and I am sorry to hear that. Our goal is to ensure that all guests are satisfied, comfortable and pleased. Apparently we failed to do that in your case. Please accept my apology for any issues you encountered.

I read that you did not see anyone cleaning or vacuuming the pool. This is because we schedule our cleaning and maintenance of the pool for those hours when it is closed. Our pool cleaning typically takes place in the early morning hours, so that the hoses, brushes, tools, vacuum, etc. do not detract from the quiet, enjoyable use of the pool and the surrounding area. Please know that the pool is cleaned daily, the chemicals checked on a regular basis, and that the water is safe, and sanitary at all times. Please know that just because you have not seen our employees servicing it, does not mean that servicing didn't take place,

We finished renovating the hotel in 2010, with the exception of the flooring in the dining room. Admittedly it is in need of replacement, and that final renovation project is slated for the slow/low occupancy winter months. The hotel has enjoyed high occupancy throughout the 2012 season and we did not desire to inconvenience our guests, or temporarily be unable to provide the free breakfast by tearing out the carpet during the higher occupancy months. We hope that should you return after the 2012 winter you will be able to enjoy our new custom flooring. We have exciting plans for a beautiful custmized floor.

Towels were an unexpected surprising issue. the hotel was 100% sold out for 5 days straight, with the majority of rooms occupied by families participating in a very large children's sports tournament. We ran into an unexpected situation in which most rooms were bathing 4-5 times each day, typically in the morning, inbetween the various games, after swimming and again at night. We went from needing 4 towels per room (the industry standard placement) to approximately 20 towels per room. We held open our laundry room 4-5 hours later each day to launder, dry, fold and deliver the very high volume of towels. This volume of towel demand had not been encountered before with any sports event. I am sorry for the delay you encountered, but I am glad to hear that we were able to provide additional towels in a relatively short time. We immediately purchased additional towels for the next sports event, however, that event did not see the extreme demand for towels we experienced on the weekend of your stay.

We do our best to meet every guests need, though at times, on rare occassions in extreme situations a slight delay may be encountered.

Given the size of this hotel, and the special rate we have available for sports teams on tournament weekends, we see literally hundreds of sports teams each season. I am pleased to say that on almost every occassion the guests are pleased and satisfied. I am sorry your experience was not ideal. I hope you will return to the Owensboro Ramada and give us another try.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Just needed a room overnight for a family member, and booked last minute through hotwire. Was concerned at first because it was only rated 2 star. I didn't want to put my mom up overnight in a dive. We booked at a great price, checked in immediately, and were pleasantly surprised upon entering the room. It had been recently renovated. Nice king sized bed, clean, and also had new furnishings. Hot breakfast was included in the morning. Rooms on the inside of hotel are newly renovated. Not sure about outside rooms. Great room for the price. Definately better than other 2 star hotels we have stayed in. Possibly better than most 3 star.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear ALF1978,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel. I am very glad to hear that you were pleased with your stay. I see that you stayed in July. July is our busiest month, with literally hundreds of families visiting Owensboro for children/teen sports tournaments. We strive to provide an excellent level of customer care and guest service at all times, and I am glad we succeeded. We hope to see you and your family again when you return to Owensboro.