“Wonderful experience at the Ramada in Owensboro”
Review of Ramada Owensboro

Ramada Owensboro
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Owensboro
Corona, Arizona
“Wonderful experience at the Ramada in Owensboro”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

My wife and I booked a 9 day stay over Christmas and we couldn't have been happier with our choice of the Ramada in Owensboro. The lobby was quite grand, the pool was clean and well tended. The room was nicely appointed and had wi-fi and a large screen TV. The staff was simply outstanding. From the desk clerks to the cleaning staff, all were more pleasant and accomodating than we have found in a hotel chain in years. Obviously management has taken great care in choosing employees and has trained them exceptionally well. The real suprise was the complimentary breakfast, usually a donut and coffee, but at this lovely hotel, a hot meal (my favorite was the bisuits and gravy) and really lovely gals serving the customers. We were visiting family and we will be coming back to this hotel in future.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Bruce W
ramadaasg, General Manager at Ramada Owensboro, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Dear Bruce,

Thank you for your lovely review. I am gratified to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. I know my staff work hard to ensure a great experience, and it is wonderful to hear from guests that this has been the case. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to your future visits.

Gary Dennis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Lawrenceburg, Kentucky
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Our family stayed the weekend of November 25-26, 2011. It was a wonderful experience! The gentleman at the front desk each day was extremely professional and helpful. He went out of his way to find a place for us to get medicine for our sick child and even called the store to make sure they were still open. He was always very pleasant and obviously aimed to please his guests. Our room was cluttered with our belongings and the staff who cleaned our room did an excellent job, even folding the toilet paper:) The free breakfast had lots of variety and the staff was welcoming and managed to keep the food stocked and presented very nicely. The pool hours were extended to allow the kids to swim after playing football, which was very appreciated. Price was right. Rooms were great. ALL staff was EXCEPTIONAL!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Julie103778
Dear Julie,

I remember your group. My front desk clerk called me at pool closng time to see if I would approve keeping the pool open longer as you were late returning from the ball fields after a playoff. We were glad to accomodate your group, and know the children enjoyed the extended pool time. Thank you for booking your group with us. We hope your team will book with us this coming year as well. I do appreciate hearing the comments regarding the staff in various departments as it is great to hear from guests.

Kentucky
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The air conditioning was weak which made it hard to sleep. And the internet was slow. Otherwise it was OK for the price.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

November of 2011 was an exciting month as we experienced a total and complete overhaul to the internet service. We upgraded from a system that was about 4 years old to high end state of the art hardware. We now have a mesh style network which creates an internal spiderweb type network ensuring an excellent connection for every computer anywhere in the hotel. I am sure if you should return you will experience a very different internet.

I am concerned about your comment regarding the air conditioning. I remember that your stay was during a time of over 100 degree temperature and very high humidity. We have examined our room air conditioners and have performed our semi-annual routine maintenance and cleaning. I am confident that this issue will not repeat for you. In an effort to address this we will also pre-cool the rooms this summer on excessive heat days when the hotel is due to be full.

Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again this year when you travel with your team.

Gary Dennis

Travelers are raving about these Owensboro hotels

Lincoln, MO
Reviewed July 10, 2010

My wife, daughter and I were in Owensboro on a family visit. We made reservations late and could only get a room at this hotel due to a baseball tournament in town. I had read previous reviews and was a little concerned. I was very pleasantly surprised. The price was reasonable, the staff was friendly and courteous, and the rooms were clean and comfortable. I do not know what the hotel was like previously, but our stay was a pleasant experience and I would recommend this hotel for anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Rado,

Thank you for your review. I appreciate hearing that the efforts to turn around past perceptions of the hotel are paying off. The reviews you site that were of concern to you were reviews this hotel received when owned by another party, prior to ownership and management change, and prior to our renovation. Your stay occured after a costly and extensive renovation. The new ownership and management of the hotel take great pride in our hotel, and I am glad you were able to see it.

We hope to see you again if you travel through Owensboro.

indianapolis, IN
Reviewed October 23, 2009

The hotel is in the outskirts of owensboro smack dab in the middle of an urban neighborhood next to a bar and would appear from the outside as a strip motel.
First surprise was the elegant lobby with fountains and a very chique decor. Seemingly renovated pool and dining are is clean neat and again, very elegant. The pool, though small, was clean and had also been renovated. The hot tub was closed (also being renovated?). The rooms are standard hotel size, but were clean and neat. Rooms are available with outside access or inside access. Staff was very helpful and friendly since our reservation having been made with points through the wyndham rewards club, had not been confirmed in their system, they booked our room while waiting for the confirmation.
Since I booked with points, can't really speak about the cost, but it certainly is better than a similarly priced Ramada I have previously stayed. The last surprise was that even though we had expected a continental breakfast, they offered a hot breakfast that was complimentary.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank notahoosier
Kentucky
Reviewed December 10, 2008

We recently visited the Owensboro area and decied to stay at the Ramada Inn. We had stayed there once before when the previous owners had it and the hotel was runned down so we were leary about staying there again. Upon arriving at the hotel I was completely impressed of how the outside had been improved and completely repainted. It had a great new facelift. So my worries started to fade. Once we went into check in I was amazed at how the lobby and the front desk area was so nice. Our check in was very easy and the front desk clerk was very sweet. She answered all our questions and never lost a smile from her face. When we entered our room we were stunned by the renovations of the rooms! It lookeed completely renovated and very elegant. We are very picky about were we stay on a count of our children. Our children completety enjoyed thereselves playing in the pool area.
It was a great exprience and we will definately be visiting the Ramada again!

• Liked — new renovated look and service
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank misspriss_k
We are glad to see that the new ownership and the renovations started were seen and appreciated. We hope to see you again in the future.

ohio
Reviewed December 2, 2008

My family and I stayed at this hotel as part of a traveling football team. As a group we had 2 whole football teams, along with parents and coaches. We had our reservations for over a month and arrived to find the hotel extremely unprepared to handle the amount of people in our group. They ran out of towels after the first evening. They ran out of food and kept blaming it on the fact that there were so many kids eating so much. We never saw housekeeping the whole time we were there. (Fri. evening to Sun. at checkout) My husband had to find a place to take our trash and when he asked about towels he was asked if we could just reuse the dirty towels we had used already. We ran out of toilet paper and had to get some from another room. All in all it was a horrible experience. When confronting hotel staff about the problems we were just talked to rudely and the same excuse was it was our fault there were so many of us. When contacting their corporate offices we were assured someone would take care of the problem in 7 business days, however no one ever called us or anything. We had to call them back and only then was the problem resolved.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Dear Football Mom,

Your review describes a very trying stay, at a time when you should have been able to focus on your children, the team, and winning. I am sorry to hear of your past experience here at the Ramada. I want to assure you that your stay will be very, very different should you ever return. The hotel changed hands shortly after your stay. The ownership and management is different. We pride ourselves on the quality of our stay. I hope that the more current reviews will indicate the pride the current ownership and management takes in this hotel, and how hard we strive to ensure that our guests feel as though they are a guest in our home. Please know that we have completed a costly and extensive renovation to the hotel. Additionally all management, and almost all of the staff are new hires since your stay and we train our staff extensively. Our Housekeeping department thoroughly cleans every room, and we ensure that we have ample supplies and food on the breakfast. I, as the General Manager, personally order the breakfast supplies, ensuring that we have ample food for all our guests.

I hear that your previous stay was unpleasant. Please know that your experience will be dramatically different under the new management of this hotel. I sincerely hope that you will return to the Ramada and experience the hospitality I and my staff desire to extend to you, your family and your team.