“Terrible!”

Ranked #6 of 171 Restaurants in Owensboro
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Once again we tried to see if anything had improved. Unfortunately the same slow poor service continues. When speaking to the owner/manager there seems to be no concern whatsoever, just get out of the way and let the other customers get by. His comment was " there are always a few like you". Food was marginal but overpriced. On the positive side the facilities were nice. The last trip for us!

1  Thank Ron S

Reviewed August 24, 2013

While passing through Owensboro, KY, it was lunch time so we decided to try this restored mansion restaurant I found in a travel book I was reading, and boy, I'm glad we did!
It's old but pretty, and has an unbelievable southern menu!
Service was great, meal fantastic, but a little expensive for lunch...because we kept finding things on the menu we had to try, and substituted everything. Only problem was, we did not know we would be charged for every switch-out! I had a fried green tomato blt 1/2 sandwich with a salad. I switched the house salad and requested the arugula and avacado with champaigne dressing instead, at a $3 upcharge.....ok......then my husband had the traditional club 1/2 sandwich, and he also passed on the house salad in place of the spinach with fresh peaches and blueberries, with poppyseed dressing....yum! We didn't want fries or coleslaw, so we asked if we could have something else. The waiter said, "well sure! We have asparagus, spinach, etc, etc, etc", so, we changed that out too.....for an upcharge. After all that, we had to have dessert! We missed out on the sticky bread pudding ( :( ) so my husband had the peach cobbler that was a gigantic portion with vanilla ice cream; I was sorry I chose the pecan pie, although delish, it was a microscopic slice for $6! Like I said, it got a little pricy, but I would do it again! Oh! I forgot to tell you about the cheddar grits...OMG......try them!

2  Thank Sharon455
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Great location, great converted house, a bar with over 200 bourbons, menu for every taste, well prepared served perfectly. Wine list wasn't bad, atmosphere incredible, we will be back

2  Thank Malcolm F
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Enjoyed gathering with friends on a Friday night at the Miller House for dinner, however, the restaurant is so loud. People are constantly scooting those wooded chair legs on the wooden floor which makes horrible noise. The ecoustics are just terrible here. The food was very good but the service was the "pits". We had to constantly look for our waiter when we needed drink refills, something forgotten, and even our bill. Possibly this might be a better place during the week when it is not so busy, but I would not recommend for a weekend night.

1  Thank Judy G
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This restaurant was a wonderful place to eat. We were served fresh cooked veggie's & the fried green tomatoes were excellent. Steaks cooked to perfection....and carrot cake to die for!! our waitress was friendly and helpful and we felt like it was just the 2 of us.