“Great Courtyard”

Courtyard Owensboro
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Owensboro
Reviewed July 19, 2014

One of my favorite Courtyards. I usually stay at this hotel when in the area--newer hotel-about 3 years old. Nice workout facility, Indoor pool with jacuzzi. Everything in the hotel is very clean as well as exterior, including parking lot. Has a nice outdoor garden/seating area in rear of hotel.

I had a King room with no upgrades--not that big but nice and everything that I needed for the two night stay. There was a refrigerator in the room but no microwave

The hotel is in a very convenient, accessible location with Cheddars and Logan's restaurants nearby with several other eateries. There is also a restaurant onsite that had fair to good service and food.

No complimentary coffee in the lobby in the mornings. You are required to purchase Starbucks in the restaurant if you do not want the in room coffee.

I plan to stay at this location the next time I am in town!

Room Tip: Hotel next to busy road--request hotel on opposite side if this bothers you.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank ResortSpaLady

Reviewed July 7, 2014

The hotel rooms and staff were amazing. I had a little set back with my reservation but the front desk staff was amazing and so willing to help. However the pool and spa needed attention. Pool had mold around it and the spa water had a awful smell.. other then the pool i will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank TommyWoo
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stay at this courtyard Inn every week for work. What I like most about it is you don't have to be stuck in the room. There is a very nice lobby you can sit and read or what TV. There is also computers there for your use. Outside there are lots of seats and a fire pit. The staff is the nicest you will fine anywhere. They make you feel at home. There are plenty of places to eat near by and it's right off the by pass. Give it a try you will like it,

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Tod W
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Checked into this hotel and was impressed with the atmosphere. Told the hotel clerk that I was going to have surgery and I was very stressed and needed a quiet room. I needed rest and get my stress level down. She put me into a room beside a door that everyone staying at the hotel could use the key to come in and out as they pleased. All night long people coming and slamming that door. The room also backed up/beside the bypass. Constant noise from traffic. There was a left over soft drink in the fridge they never cleaned out. The night I stayed, got hungry and went to get a Dr. Pepper and some candy. Both boxes of candy was stale and old. Between the traffic and no rest that I was told by my Dr. To get let's just say the who trip was bad. Next morning checked out around 7:00 am. Because I was up all night with traffic and the slamming side door. The hotel clerk asked me how my stay was and I told her the truth. She said you should have asked for another room. I told her I broke my neck and needed surgery and was on Dr. Orders to get rest and couldn't just pack up everything and switch rooms. She said I can put you in a room now for a few hours???? I said I can't do that now I have to leave. I asked her if I could get some type of discount since they put me in the loud room to began with. She in forms me that was my fault since I did not tell them the night before. Now how am I to inform them about people coming in the door all night if I didn't know it would be like that? I will never stay there again if you paid me.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank 1650Denise
Reviewed May 27, 2014

It shows how much this particular hotel stands out that I felt compelled to submit a second review. We stayed at a Marriott property in another city and then came to this one the next night. From the minute we walked in, the hotel staff distinguished itself. The manager was very welcoming. She took the time to talk with us and make sure we knew where things were. She also greeted us by name again the next morning. Every staff person we encountered was friendly and said hello. The room was great, once again, pristine and comfortable. The staff brought more towels to the pool immediately when I asked. We also ate breakfast there the next morning and it was again excellent. The staff is very friendly with kids and the food was very good. There are also a few big gathering spaces for groups or just to hang out. They are bright and spacious with comfortable furniture. We would recommend this as a family friendly hotel for anyone visiting Owensboro.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are good. There is one side with a view of a busy street so you may want to reques...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank JMHorn
Reviewed May 21, 2014

This isn't the Ritz but it is clean, the staff is courteous and the rooms are nice. The restaurant had great food choices for our children (they raved about the pizza).

At the pool, they were out of towels but replaced immediately when aware of this.

Small but nice workout area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I stayed here for three nights along with some co-workers for a company meeting. This place has probably the friendliest staff I've ever been around. The rooms are very clean and comfy and well kept. Breakfast is available for a fee and it was very good. My only complaint is that they no longer have coffee available in the lobby. Well they do but it's no longer free. Now you have to buy it from the little Starbucks that they have. Otherwise I really enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business