“Service could be better”

Niko's Italian Cuisine
Ranked #21 of 164 Restaurants in Owensboro
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Owensboro KY
“Service could be better”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Recently gave Nikko's another try. A quiet dinner for two I've not had the past three visits. The wait staff seems preoccupied with larger groups of highschool reunioners who are bent on sucking all the air out of the room. Meanwhile the waitstaff is in panic mode running back and forth between two groups unable to meet the basic needs of the scattered dining couples. Forget about getting that cream with your coffee or that appetizer you ordered. No problem, just subtract the mess up from the tab at the end. This is not fair to the rest of us who chose fine dining over a defalt "Denny's dining experience" I can't remember what the meal was like. I was too busy trying to flag down the waiter.

Owensboro, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consistently Great Meals and Service”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Open the menu, turn to the daily specials, close your eyes and point to anything. It's all good. If you actually read the daily specials you won't be able to make up your mind. But you can always just ask Niko what he recommends. The fish is ALWAYS fresh. The salads are the best around and all the dressings are home made. If you've saved room and you are very lucky you get some of Lola's Baklava. I don't always eat dessert but I always eat the Baklava.

Louisville, Kentucky
“Great lunch!”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My friend and I had lunch at Niko's and it was excellent. We had an appetizer that was like an Italian Spring Roll. It was great. I had the Meatball Pannini and it was also very good. My friend had a cuban Sandwich and he raved about it. I want to try dinner there as they had some great looking dishes on the menu.

1 Thank Steven G
Lowell, Arkansas
“Consistently very good”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We eat here all the time when we want a nice dinner in Owensboro. Several wonderful Italian dishes. I highly recommend the filet al pepe.

• Visited October 2013
Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was our first visit to Niko's. I was not impressed and we will not be returning. Our waitress was not nice. She was defensive, abrupt, and she never came back to ask how we liked the food. We were not offered dessert or a dessert menu. For our complimentary bread, we were given one piece and one over-cooked heel. The side salad we ordered was $6!! Most dissappointing, the margherita pizza was made incorrectly. A real margherita pizza does not have sauce. The menu didn't say it would come with sauce but it did. When I questioned this, the server acted like I was incorrect. When the meal was over, it was very obvious that something had garlic powder in it. A "real" Italian place would NEVER serve anything with dried garlic powder. There was no mention of fresh Parmesan on anything, no fresh garlic, and the olive oil had dried herbs in it. Such a disappointing dinner experience.

• Visited October 2013