“Don't Stay Here Unless You're Desperate” 1 of 5 bubbles

Days Inn Oak Grove/Ft. Campbell
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Oak Grove
GreenLeadersSilver level
IL
“Don't Stay Here Unless You're Desperate”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2009

I was in Fort Campbell to welcome back my husband from a 12 month deployment. We had been staying in Clarksville but it was too long a drive for me to get him to Fort Campbell on time every morning so we moved closer to Fort Campbell. All the hotels in Oak Grove in our price range were booked except the Days Inn so we chose that hotel online. We arrived around 1, which was the stated check in time both online and on a sign in the lobby. The clerk checked us in but said the room was not cleaned but would be ready "around 1.30" so we waited until 1.30 and then took our bags up. There was trash everywhere, and the dirty linens were in a pile on the floor. The room had still not been cleaned. I called down to the front desk and the clerk, who clearly could not have cared less, said that they were running behind and the room "should be ready by 2.30" and told us we needed to leave so they would clean the room and also not to leave any bags or anything in the room or they wouldn't clean it. Irritated we went to lunch, and gave them until after 3 because I knew based on the clerk's attitude the room would not be ready by 2.30. Sure enough, we got back close to 3.30 and housekeeping was just finishing up the room when we got back. When I complained and asked to speak to a manager I was told there was no manager and that the manager wouldn't be back until Monday (this was Saturday) For $70 a night I definitely expect a clean room and decent service, but this hotel didn't deliver either. Waste of time and money.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IlArmyWife

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2009

We stayed Feb. 13 thru 15th. We come to my sons wedding, on the 14th. Rehersal was Friday & we didn't get back to the room till late. At 12:30 am we went to turn our bed down & we were disgusted. It was full of what looked like black dog hair, also stained sheets. I immediately called the desk & told them. He said come down in the morning & he would discount our room. I flat out told him, I was not going to sleep on them sheets. He said all rooms was full, there was no house keeping but he would give us some sheets if we came to the office. Which we did, luckily I had brought some bedding from home which we used also. Needless to say our experience with this motel was not pleasant. The room itself wasn't to bad. But I will not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Oak Grove hotels

California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2008

When I checked in, it was around 1pm but did not go to my room until 10:30pm that night because I had meet up with family for dinner a couple of hours away.

When I returned, I really wasn't surprised I got a smoking room after naming my own price, when I called to request nonsmoking I was immediately turned down.

When I checked out the bathroom and flipped down the toilet seat, there was pubic hair and dried urine on the toilet seat, and the inside toilet bowl still had fecal material caked on the bottom of the bowl. I called the front desk about 10:40pm to voice my concerns and I was thoroughly "shocked" about the response I received from the lady at the front desk. She said house keeping would be in in the morning, and she could not leave the front desk, and she had customers, and to call back in 20 minutes and "maybe" the night manager could help. So, I did wait the 20 minutes she spoke of, and I presented my concerns about the toilet to Night Manager, and again I heard housekeeping would be in in the morning, and told me he could not leave the front desk because he was by himself, and that is when I had to be stern about the toilet because I was not going to use it and what does he recommend I do, and that is when I finally heard what I needed to hear, he would be up to my room to clean it.

The next morning housekeeping came to my door, and I had just awaken up due to the time change, and asked if they could come back in about a couple of hours. Actually, it was an hour and half when I was ready to have housekeeping to come. So when I left to Ft. Campbell, I went to the front desk to inform them the room was ready to be cleaned. And then I was informed, if they skip my room for any reason it would not be cleaned and that is when I had to insist this room gets cleaned due to what I found on the toilet the night before and when I returned to my room that evening it was done.

Also, my towels were not changed out with clean towels, and the phone needed to be cleaned too; along with the mirror.

• Liked — When I checked out, and not far from Ft. Campbell.
  • Disliked — The room.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
2 Thank Coloradokitten
Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2007

This hotel is great for a quick one night stop. Check in was quick and the guy was very friendly. There was mold growing on the shower curtain and cheetos here and there on the floor, in the air conditioner & on the nightstand. Bed was very soft, which I like a firm mattress. Loved the fact that it had a fridge and microwave. Also there is a Subway and Wendy's close by. We stayed here for one night on the way to Branson. Got up the next morning for daybreak breakfast and there was nowhere to sit. Only 3 tables. We had to go back to the room with our pitiful meal. I was expecting doughnuts but not one to be found. The milk was not even cold.

• Liked — Location to Interstate. Quietness.
  • Disliked — Dirty shower curtain and awful breakfast experience.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
Quality Inn Fort Campbell
#6 of 6 in Oak Grove
Holiday Inn Express Fort Campbell-Oak Grove
WoodSpring Suites Clarksville Ft. Campbell

Been to Days Inn Oak Grove/Ft. Campbell? Share your experiences!