“I will NEVER stay at this hotel again.”

Days Inn Oak Grove/Ft. Campbell
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Oak Grove
GreenLeadersSilver level
Greenfield, Massachusetts
“I will NEVER stay at this hotel again.”
Reviewed June 1, 2011

I was at Ft. Campbell to welcome my son back home from 12 months in Afghanistan. If I was not on a limited budget to make thos trip I would have checked out and switched hotels, but having a non refundable room rate (which you must accept if you want a break on the room) prevented that as I could not pay for 2 rooms. The room seemed clean enough until you really looked at it. The listed amenities on the website was why I booked this hotel. Wifi was weak, TV old cable reception fuzzy. The pool was one of the reasons I booked and the soldiers wanted to swim and the pool was open but with no water in it..big disappointment. The first night I was getting ready to go to a Welcome home ceremony, went to take a shower and discovered no soap or towels in the room, when I called the desk for someone to bring some up, the desk clerk was rude and said I DON"T HAVE TIME TO BRING YOU TOWELS, you'll hsave to come get them yourself. When I got dressed and went back down to get them, she was telling a couple about me having the nerve to call and ask her to bring up towels, I said oh yeah that was me. After that I asked for nothing never checked out the "breakfast".When I checked out I told the desk clerk my issues there and she said well I hope things are better if you stay with us again. I told her I would never stay there again, and she said I don't blame you...they could have at least a night free or something but nope...some people don't get it.

Room Tip: To get the best room stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank prackha1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Muscle Shoals, Alabama
Reviewed April 21, 2011

I have never been treated so terrible that I was at this place! Our son was coming home from Afghanistan. We made reservations and we got a call from him early in the morning letting us know that his unit was delay. I call the hotel at 7 AM to explain the situation and ask to reschedule our room. She was very rude & told me that she will charge me for one night. I told her that I called her 1st thing that morning (After the phone call we received from our son) She didn't care at all. She said a feel things under her breath & I asked her what she said she snapped back at me. I told her that I was going to make another booking for a room but with her attitude that I would never use Days Inn again. She said ok. I asked for a conf # that I cancel our room. She refused & told me she would call me back (never got a phone call by the way) I was giving her my email address and he huff & slam the phone in my ear. BAD Business!!! Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn & other hotels will work with the Military Families when situations like this come up!!!!

Room Tip: Does NOT support the Military or Military Families
Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
8 Thank Michelle H

Travelers are raving about these Oak Grove hotels

Palm Bay, Florida, USA
Reviewed December 6, 2010

This review is for a non-smoking, 1-King room. The Days Inn chain will never garner 5-star status, but this hotel wasn't bad for a room in the $50 range. If you want value, that is, a clean place to sleep with plumbing, conditioned air, free wifi, and a no-frills breakfast, you'll be fine here. I even stayed in the 'cave' between the two wings of the hotel where my cell reception and the wifi registered only one bar. The wifi was fine, but my cell service required a step outside. If you expect a luxury hotel, you'll be disappointed with the CRT TV, the wooden desk chair, and the ho-hum style of the bathroom and room decor. If you are looking for a luxury hotel, probably shouldn't consider the Days Inn. While not luxury accommodations, this room is a decent value for the price.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed August 9, 2010

It was late at night and we were tired from driving for over 14 straight hours. Had I been more alert when we pulled in there I would have left in a hurry. For the last forty years I have traveled throughout the U.S. and the world and have never experienced such a miserable, dirty place. Even a tent in the Saudi desert is a step above the stinking toilet and gross bathroom floor. The odor in the room was overpowering while the curtains and the furniture in the room were greasy and grimy. The so called continental breakfast was unsanitary and a real turnoff. The manager looked like he had just came in from cleaning stables and had been wearing the same dirty clothes for the last 3 weeks. I would not recommend letting a dog stay in that place. Days Inn this place was an absolute nightmare and I won't be ripped off by you again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank puzzlecreek
Fort Wayne, IN
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Older hotel, older rooms, not very comfortable bed, we had 4 people booked for the room for 5 days and had to constantly ask for towels, coffee, etc. Guest services were mostly subpar. One drawer in dresser was broken, TV was an old set and reception wasn't that great. Breakfast was subpar, limited cereal selection, bagels & toast, Bananna's were brown and old.

Pool area was nice, teenager enjoyed that.

Overall, i guess you get what you pay for, but the experience could've been much better with very little effort on the hotels part.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Madison
Reviewed June 11, 2010

Non-smoking room that smelled like someone had just smoked in it with a side of urine. Dusty. Toilet lid was not the lid that belonged to the toilet...wrong shape therefore it didn't fit. We could hear EVERYTHING that went on in the parking lot below. Pool wasn't open. Their advertisement of amenities failed to mention that the pool didn't open until Memorial Day. They also advertise a "deluxe continental breakfast". Pre-packaged mini donuts and danish with a couple bananas is not my idea of deluxe. There wasn't even any orange juice. We stayed one night. Word to the folks who run the place, speak English in front of your customers.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank linette_hass
Michigan
Reviewed March 20, 2010

I've stayed here twice. Previously in February of 2010, now I am staying from 3/17/2010 until 3/21/2010. The last time I stayed here the room was very dirty, not vacuumed, I found 3 spiders on the walls, cobwebs everywhere. One of the nights there was a woman outside of my door letting the air out of someones tires. I called the front desk and the manager said he would check it out but never did. I guess I should have called the police but didn't know the number, I'm not from around here. Anyway, this stay has been absolutely HORRIBLE. When I first walked into my room I looked around, the floor had not been vacuumed and it looked like nothing had been cleaned at all. I found a HUGE spider on the wall (I am deathly afraid of spiders) I had to kill it. Well , today I found 2 bugs in my bed which may have been bed bugs. I freaked out and called the front desk THREE times, finally housekeeping came in, looked at the bugs I had killed and talked to each other in their own language while laughing. I told them the woman at the front desk said I could switch rooms and they couldn't even understand what I was saying. I packed ALL of my personal items, which was 4 bags and a pillow. I don't have a car here so I had to walk all the way to the front desk. I got to the desk and asked the woman for the key to my new room. She said the owner said I couldn't switch rooms. I told her I had just carried all of my stuff there and was not going to walk back to my DIRTY bug infested room. She got her manager on the phone, gave the phone to me and I talked to him. He basically blamed it on me, that I had my "do not disturb" sign on the door handle when housekeeping was around the past 2 days. I explained to him that it would not have mattered if housekeeping had come in to clean, the bugs were coming out of the wall. I demanded a new room and FINALLY got one. This room is also dirty. I thank God I only have to stay here one more night. Plus, they just put someone loud with kids above me and all I can hear are kids and people jumping around and banging on things. So much for RESTING. I went to take a shower and the water was cold the whole time so I had to make it short. I am paying almost $70 a night to stay here, that is ridiculous. I would say a night at this hotel is worth $20 at best. I am extremely upset. I have never complained about anything like this in my life and I have stayed at A LOT of hotels and put up with a lot of things but this was just absolutely ridiculous. I will NEVER stay here again and I don't think I will ever stay at a Days Inn again in my life after this experience. I can't believe I have spent almost $500 to stay here twice.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Quality Inn Fort Campbell
Quality Inn Fort Campbell
#6 of 6 in Oak Grove
WoodSpring Suites Clarksville Ft. Campbell

Been to Days Inn Oak Grove/Ft. Campbell? Share your experiences!