“Bad food, good service”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

The food was mediocre at best and redeemed only by the waitress we had. The staff was friendly and cost was on par. The BBQ was tasteless and the sauces not worth using. No doubt this will be our last trip.

SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for the review, @dleathers. We're sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your last experience. Please email us at Social@SonnysBBQ.com with more information so that we can better address the issue. We appreciate the feedback and hope that you can give us another chance!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stopped in for lunch and ordered their all-you-can-eat ribs. When I arrived mid-afternoon, there were only a few customers in the restaurant. The waitress took me ALL the way to the back of the restaurant. I mean way way back. I didn't think much of it until midway through the meal when it occurred to me that the waitress was hard to find (she would have to walk all the way back to ask me how the food was). The ribs were OK but not very meaty, so it didn't take long to eat them. Meantime, no waitress, so you end up eating the sides. By the time she showed up, I just wanted to get out of there - I was done with Sonny's. Best advice: TNT BBQ across from Toyota on Nicholasville. They blow the Sonny's chain restaurant away.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I drove from NEW JERSEY to Nicholasville, KY last week for.... SONNY's!! Ok, we were in town for a family wedding to be honest. BUT my mission was to enjoy my favorite meal from Sonny's that I haven't tasted since 2007 in Florida.

We pulled up to this location around 2:15pm on a Friday and it was empty which made me happy in hopes I'd get my food quicker. ;)

I ordered my bbq chicken (all white meat), fries, cole slaw (double order...Mmmm) and Garlic toast. And of course, the sweet BBQ sauce.

I can't remember what my husband ate because I was so excited for mine.

It was so hot, fresh and delicious.

We had the BEST server, Bobbi!! We thank her for being so kind to us.

Every bite was perfection.

Sonny's...please open a location up here in Jersey!!

Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Used to be a favorite of mine, then moved out of state where there aren't any Sonnys around. So I was looking forward to being able to eat here again.

Got the all you can eat ribs, but they were dry and chewy, so I switched to sliced pork. It was a lot better, but I hate the extremely small portion you get when asking for more, and the fact you have to wait so long between servings.

Never had the cornbread before, always preferred the garlic bread, but I tried it, and Ya, it's awesome.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Food is the same at every Sonney's. It can be eaten but is not as good as many smaller joints in the area. I have friends that like it and so I seem to end up having to eat here at times.