“BEST QUALITY and service in a long time!! nom nom nom”
Review of Sonny's BBQ

Sonny's BBQ
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I drove from NEW JERSEY to Nicholasville, KY last week for.... SONNY's!! Ok, we were in town for a family wedding to be honest. BUT my mission was to enjoy my favorite meal from Sonny's that I haven't tasted since 2007 in Florida.

We pulled up to this location around 2:15pm on a Friday and it was empty which made me happy in hopes I'd get my food quicker. ;)

I ordered my bbq chicken (all white meat), fries, cole slaw (double order...Mmmm) and Garlic toast. And of course, the sweet BBQ sauce.

I can't remember what my husband ate because I was so excited for mine.

It was so hot, fresh and delicious.

We had the BEST server, Bobbi!! We thank her for being so kind to us.

Every bite was perfection.

Sonny's...please open a location up here in Jersey!!

There are newer reviews for Sonny's BBQ

Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Used to be a favorite of mine, then moved out of state where there aren't any Sonnys around. So I was looking forward to being able to eat here again.

Got the all you can eat ribs, but they were dry and chewy, so I switched to sliced pork. It was a lot better, but I hate the extremely small portion you get when asking for more, and the fact you have to wait so long between servings.

Never had the cornbread before, always preferred the garlic bread, but I tried it, and Ya, it's awesome.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Food is the same at every Sonney's. It can be eaten but is not as good as many smaller joints in the area. I have friends that like it and so I seem to end up having to eat here at times.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

ok servous, good food portions good for barbeque lovers.meat well cooked. finger lickin good. will occasionally visit. ok for families ust a little messy.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

the first sing you are in the south on I75 is sonny's 20 mi. we have eaten in this store many times always good so we do it again. they are remodeling the store adding more seating, sonny's is always good, what more can i say, just good pit bar-be-que done right