“Good fast Italian when they don't forget what you order”
Review of Fazoli's

Fazoli's
Ranked #26 of 93 Restaurants in Nicholasville
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I gave this place an "average" rating because of one thing that has happened on three different occasions: when I got home with my take-out, I discovered that things weren't there. Some of this is due to the order taker not paying attention, some of this is the cook staff not paying attention. I don't care because there is nothing MORE aggravating than getting home and finding the food you ordered wasn't there (e.g. spaghetti and meatballs missing the meatballs). I stopped complaining after the last time they asked my name and address to send me a coupon to replace the meal and I never received the coupon. Looks like Fazoli's corporate "relaunch" is fizzling out.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Fazoli's has been working hard to revise the menu and customer experience, and for the most part, this shows in their Nicholasville outlet. Since I am forced to watch my weight, I look for the lower calorie items when it comes to Italian. That usually ends up with a penne pasta with marinara sauce that they get right every time. The only "issue" I had with them was when I ordered spaghetti with meatballs to take to a friend, where we discovered the meatballs were missing. I told them the next time and they didn't charge me for them. The garlic bread sticks that come with their pasta dishes is really good.

Reviewed November 27, 2011

We have been here many times. And we have not had any major bad experiences ever. Sometimes you may visit a place and have a bad experience based on timing. So granted, a place like this could have a bad night. But overall our experience has been good.

My objection is to Fazoli's is as a whole. It use to be a really cheap indoor eating place. Over the years the menu has changed as well as the prices. We do not dine is as much at Fazoli's anymore.

They have changed things to have real silver ware and the servers bring you food. I am unsure of this concept. It is fast food italian. The setup seems somewhat out of place from what I am use to.

The food is always pretty good. Not tops, but something different from other options. The kids meals have shrunk from two pieces of pizza to just one. Unlimited drinks if you order one and breadsticks are always a plus. Kids meals are .99 on Tuesday evenings.

What we have tended to do for a while now is order the family paste duo from the drive in. There are always five dollar off coupons for the family meals. The family pasta duo is 14.99. You get two family size portions of spaghetti and/or fetticini, with a family size salad and breadsticks. With tax it cost a little over ten bucks. That is about as cheap as we can feed my family of five. The option is quick and cheap and worthwhile, even providing leftovers to take to work.

If you like Italian and you like to save money, then this can be a great option.

Reviewed October 25, 2010

About 8 pm I stopped in for an order to go. It wasn't crazy busy and only had a couple of people in front of me that had already been waited on. For so few people, it seemed as though things were rather crazy. They couldn't get things out the drive up window so because they busier there, they were parking customers off to the side and then had the manager running stuff out to people who were waiting, instead of actually running the store... this might have been part of the problem. During the time I was there and paying attention to the bad managerment (about 15-20 minutes), 2 people came up to the front and said they were still waiting on something and 4 people that had been through drive-through came in and said something was missing or was otherwise messed up.

The restaurant was a bit unpleasant too. It was dirty, greasy, and smelled like overdone pasta and sauce that had been cooking all day... a lot like a can of store brand raviolli.

After about 5 minutes, I was finally able to place my order. The cashier told me they were out of bread sticks but making more and they'd be up by the time the rest of my order was ready. 15 minutes later, my order still wasn't up and there were 5 or 6 people waiting at the counter for a few more breadsticks.

I asked the manager if he'd been pretty busy, and he told me, "Not particularly, but I've got a few employees that really don't want to be here tonight." I see this as more of a managerial issue, and in a down economy, I can promise you that I can find employees that DO want to be there.

Bottom line, they finally got a couple of pans of sticks up, I cancelled the rest of my order and got a refund and left because the two people in front of me were still waiting on their order.

2  Thank Papadoc1000