“Really good food”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Really good food”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This GC has much better food and a better selection than the ones in Jacksonville. The food is also hot and replaced before you are scraping the bottom of the pan

Visited July 2012

Wilmore, Kentucky
“Fight for your generic food, eat till you pop, don't step in the stuff on the floor”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I am truly at a loss of appropriate terms and syntax to describe the atmosphere and culinary content of this restaurant. They have a lot of stuff. Their fare ranges from deserts to meats to vegetables. From my observation the average person who attempts this type of eating establishment has kids (most of whom seemed unruly and grabbingly [new word I coined for this place] starving), or people who just got off work and are celebrating (i.e. stained jeans and t-shirts are the normal attire) something. The waitresses are heavily overworked and undertipped, if at all, which reflects in their service everywhere else. Our service was sorely lacking, but I felt such sympathy for the waitress, who felt the brunt the rudeness of most patrons, that my wife and I left her a $20.00 tip (meal was only $21.00) for horrible service. The steak was full of gristle and fat, the fried seafood was ....it just was. Dropped and partially eaten food was prominent over the floor, buffet tables were a mess. I need to stop this review, I'm not feeling too well after rethinking my experience.
The up side: people need jobs and this fits that bill. I hope they make a descent wage. They so deserve it.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank fdgillis
Nicholasville, Kentucky
“Here's the Golden Corral Golden Rule: timing dinner at lunch prices!”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I've always enjoyed my visits to Golden Corral (across from Sonny's BBQ - see my review for what horrible is). There is a trick to doing this: timing. I shall explain...

We went just before the dinner prices escalate. For value, timing is everything (they bring out their best food for the dinner service - this way you get the best for the least).

The place was clean. The food was good. We went early enough to avoid the noisy brats that are turned loose by their bluegrass-fed parents.

This is the Golden Corral Golden Rule: pay lunch rates for dinner service through timing.

• Visited October 2011
37 Thank TripPsychic
Nicholasville, Kentucky
“Okay, but can be expensive....”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We use to eat here a lot. But the prices have gradually increased. The place does have a lot of kids and it can be messy from time to time. But overall, there are many selections to choose from. We have never had much of a problem with quality of food or anything. Earlier in the day is cheaper. Seniors can eat cheaper from 1pm to 3:30pm. We sometimes like to go around 10:30 and order water. Juice is available from breakfast. Those that want breakfast can have that and those that want lunch can wait till 11am. There can be a taboo from buffets. Germs and cattle grazing the buffet line. I have no real objections as long as I can find something I like. I would think anybody could. It is just slowly pricing itself out from eating there on a consistent basis.

• Visited August 2011
4 Thank KentuckyDB
“It's a buffet”
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Recently remodeled, food is decent and plentiful. Family atmosphere (in other words, always tons of kids running around). Food is better on some days than others. Its not fancy but it's a good value and much nicer than the one in Lexington.

3 Thank LsDano2