“Go Hungary”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2014

If you have not been to Copper River, Then you should try it. Its a little expensive but the portion size is big!! My wife and I can always split a meal and both get full. It is really the only nice restaurant we have in Nicholasville. Do yourself a favor and visit Copper River, you should not be disappointed!!!

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Biggest negative- you may have to wait. Worth the wait.
Portions are big and tasty. Servers are very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

In an area where a nice restaurant is hard to find, Copper River is an up market place to go for a special occasion in Nicholasville. The food is great and the ambiance is better than you would expect. A great place for the family or that special date or significant other.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Great portion sizes and a great price....One of the best places to eat in and around Nicholasville/Lexington

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Things got off on the wrong foot with the hostess, who rubbed me the wrong way by asking for my last name, then saying she "wasn't even going to try to write that down" and writing "Smith" instead of asking "how do you spell that?" Way to make us feel like a valued customer. Then our server, Robby, gave us the standard spiel about the history of the place, answered "Beer" when I asked what they had on tap, and seemed more interested in watching the TV and why Colin Kaepernick wanted $20 million a year than taking our order.

After getting our salads, I asked if we could get our daughter's mac & cheese brought out sooner (our bad, should have thought of it ahead of time; his bad, probably could have suggested it). Of course, everything came out right then and the server helping bring out the food knocked the glass of milk all over the table and onto me. Ok, stuff happens, no big deal. They apologized and brought extra napkins to clean up, but totally ignored the lake of milk on the floor. Love sitting with my feet in milk, it just adds to the experience.

Next time Robby stopped by to see how we were doing, I asked for a take-home box because of the large portion and got stared at like I was a moron. Then it got dropped off with a "Was that fast enough for you?" Never had a manager come up to ask us how we were doing or apologize for the spill, nothing comp'ed because of the spill. Robby was adequately compensated for his lack of service. Wasn't going to waste my time trying to find a manager either.

The place is really nice looking, so congrats on spending $4 million on an Applebee's without schmaltz on the wall. Our food was decent and fairly priced, but nothing special. I had the shrimp florentine, and again the portions were big enough for two meals. Wife liked her steak, but the kid's macaroni and cheese was nothing but noodles with a tiny bit of alfredo sauce, which was absolutely ridiculous for the $5 we paid for it. It's going to be a long time before we get through every other restaurant in the Greater Lexington area and come back here.

1  Thank James S