All reviewsfront deskpancakesnice stafffitness roomindoor poolthe air conditioningshower curtainseveral yearsthe breakfast areabeds were comfortablefirst choiceexcellent stayin towngreat pricefree breakfastnon smokinghie
Reviewed November 13, 2017

As usual, I was pleased with this HIE. It is clean, bed comfy, staff helpful and efficient. The breakfast was adequate and plenty of room and food.
Only issue which I reported to the staff when leaving and 10 minutes after showering was a very slow draining tub from a shower and when coming out of the shower, there was a dead beatle on the floor. These type of things can happen in a hotel and I do not hold it against the hotel and would certainly not keep me from staying here again

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Bradley D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nicholasville, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel!
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again soon!
If there is anything I can do for you, please don't hesitate to reach me on my cell at (859) 913-2333 or email me at b.day@rainmakerhospitality.com.
Thank you for being a loyal IHG rewards club member!

Bradley E. Day
b.day@rainmakerhospitality.com

Reviewed November 13, 2017 via mobile

We spent 3 nights here in this well maintained and comfortable motel. Morning breakfast is typical of Holiday Express with my favorite cinnamon rolls. Staff was all friendly and helpful. Will stay here again next time we are in Lexington area.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2017

Stayed at this hotel over the weekend and wilI NOT be back. I hate these hotels that think they can save a buck with those STUPID energy saving thermostats. First off the STUPID thing kept turning the air off with me in the room. And second off there is no way to turn just the fan ON. I like to sleep with some noise and always turn the fan in the room on. As far as I am concerned when I pay for the room I NOT THE HOTEL should have full control of the air conditioning system. BAD Choice HIE on those Dumb thermostats. Also had made requests to not be on first floor, well when I arrived YUP they had me on first floor. I guess people just dont listen to requests anymore. I read other reviews that proves this hotel does not listen to guests requests.

It is a clean place to stay however, I will give them that.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2017

DO NOT STAY AT THIS LOCATION IF YOU ARE A NON-SMOKER

I stayed at this hotel in the middle of September when passing through Lexington, KY (rates were outrageous in the city). I stayed for one night and the staff was friendly and the grounds were clean. I had no issue with the hotel itself.

Fast forward to this week when I see on my expense report that I have been charged an additional $150. I called an spoke with the front desk agent and she told me it was a smoking fee assessed and that the manager wouldn't be in until the morning. She said she would leave a note and have him call me. I waited and by 5:00 I hadn't received a phone call, so I called again to the front desk and the general manager, Jared, answered the phone. I told Jared what happened and he was very nonchalant about the whole thing and said he inspects every room before its charged the fee. I told him I was shocked by the charge as I am a non-smoker and Spire Elite member with IHG with over 60 stays on the year (not once I have been assessed additional fees for anything in the 5 years I have been with IHG). I asked him why he didn't call or alert me that there would be additional fee, he said that because I was already gone for the day and I had signed the agreement that they do not call to alert. I asked him then how could I dispute any charges and that you could just randomly charge anyone with a smoking charge and there would be no recourse. Jared said that was not their business model and I quipped back that obviously it was because I have never smoked in my life. I then asked if there was anything else I could do to dispute it and he said he would not be changing it. I said thank you and quickly hung up out of frustration.

I then immediately placed a call to IHG rewards I spoke with one of their customer relations reps. She said that they would reach out to the GM of the hotel. I told her that he had told me that he would not be changing the charge. She was very polite and helpful but it didn’t sound like she had much power here. I asked to speak with with a supervisor and was passed along to a guy by the name of Dennis. He was very helpful and sounded very concern about the whole matter. He was siding with me on this as I had never called with a complaint in the 5 years I have stayed with IHG. But again, it sounded like they have little recourse over this matter and that it was up to Jared to return the fee. They said they would reach out to Jared and then call me within 48 hours. That was on October 3rd, 2017. I finally called back to IHG Customer Relations today October 10th, 2017. I spoke with Dee who was one of the customer relation reps and she was very nice and polite, said that Jared refused to remove the smoking fee from a NON-SMOKER’s bill. I told Dee that this was silly, they were going to lose a Spire Elite Member (56 paid nights for 2017 so far) and I would be telling my case in all of the review sections of websites for this hotel so no one else is duped by the location. She then put me on hold and tried to call the hotel again. Jared was at lunch and she said she would trying calling again in a bit. Fast forward to a few days later and Dee called me back. She said Jared and this location never got back to her, which was against policy and they provided no photos or documentation, which is also against policy. She said as a result they would be having a check written for me by IHG to cover the cost of the bogus smoking fees. I thanked Dee and I ended up receiving my check about a week later.

The moral of this story comes down to NOT STAYING AT THIS LOCATION. I was passing through on business like I do with many IHG locations. I am non-smoker, I came through for a night and get hit with a bogus smoking fee. Then IHG corporate is essentially held hostage because they franchise their business out and have no control over single locations. This bogus smoking charge against a NON-SMOKER could have cost IHG my entire business (56 paid nights for 2017 so far), but they came through for me when it counted. I am still miffed by the Nicholasville locations total lack of transparency, I cannot afford the money for phantom charges or the time to correct errors when it comes to my hotel stays for business. This was charged to my business card and I have to explain now why there was a $150 fee assessed. It’s sad that a single location apparently has more control than corporate. I want to personally thank Dee at corporate IHG and tell any business traveler, DO NOT STAY AT THIS LOCATION!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Robby C
Josh G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nicholasville, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express in Nicholasville. I apologize that you had an unpleasant experience during your last stay with us. We are currently under new management, and the new GM is working hard to make sure IHG standards are being met and guest service is stressed as our number one priority. If there is anything I can do for you, please don't hesitate to contact me at (859) 885-8080 or email me at nvlky@rainmakerhospitality.com

Josh Gamble
Front Desk Manager
nvlky@rainmakerhospitality.com

Reviewed October 9, 2017

Stayed here for UK Parents Weekend and were very satisfied. The hotel and rooms were clean, beds were comfortable, breakfast was hot and included many choices, and it was 15-20 min drive to my sons dorm (with traffic). Nice size fridge in rooms and great water pressure in the shower. Stayed 3 nights and breakfast included scrambled eggs or omlets, sausage, oatmeal, Greek yogurt, fresh fruit, baked items, cereal and fresh pancakes. Hotel staff was very courteous and helpful throughout our stay. We stayed further away from campus because we booked late but all in all it was a very pleasant experience. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank izzyq

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your room, the breakfast, and our staff! From all of us here at the Holiday Inn Express in Nicholasville, we'd like to thank you for choosing our location and hope to see you again soon! If there is anything I can do for you, please don't hesitate to contact me at (859) 885-8080 or email me at nvlky@rainmakerhospitality.com. Again, thank you for staying with us!

Josh Gamble