“Excellent - Great updated room and super breakfast!”

Holiday Inn Express Nicholasville
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Nicholasville
Wheelersburg, Ohio
“Excellent - Great updated room and super breakfast!”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed at this HIE based on a great rate on a busy Valentine's weekend. We arrived a little late and the front desk manager was nice enough to allow my kids to swim a little later than the posted time. Very, very much appreciated! Our room was very nicely updated and the beds were nice and firm. The room was also very clean. The hotel has Directv, which is an extra plus with the easy guide to find channels and expanded programming. The pool isn't very deep (4 feet) but is nice and the exercise room is decent as well. The breakfast in the morning was great. Famous HIE Cinnamon Rolls, eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy along with pancakes made for an abundant buffet. They also had the traditional continental stuff. We appreciated the extra effort put into keeping the hotel top notch and would return again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Kristyn J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nicholasville, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear JNewman4,

I am so pleased to hear about your stay!!! It is heartwarming to hear about guests experiences, and also keeps us on our toes. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience for our guests but when our staff goes above and beyond is the true test of service. We want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for taking the time to write this review! We hope to see you again in the future!

Holiday Inn Express Nicholasville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Nicholasville, Kentucky
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I really enjoyed my time here at the Holiday Inn at Nicholasville KY the rooms were very clean, the breakfast was awesome and my kids loved being there. The housekeepers were very nice, the staff was very helpful and friendly. The staff and housekeepers was always there when I needed them. When I had a problem with anything at the Hotel, the matinees man was always there to fix things that I needed help with. Mace, Lisa, Ashley, the manager, Scotty, and the women I can never pronounce her name right. They were all very friendly to me and always asked how I was doing. They always gave me a good morning and a hello when I come in. The kids always loved going to the pool and the fitness room was a very good workout. They didn't even care if I came down stairs barefooted. I think you all have a very great staff, they are very hard workers and we loved spending our time there. Thank you all so much for the great stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Chris H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nicholasville, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you Tammy C for your kind words. We appreciate you taking the time your write a review! It is so nice to hear when guest have a great stay! I think we enjoyed having you all just as much as you enjoyed staying! Please come back and visit us! Thank you again! Hope things are going wonderful for you and your family!

Chelsea, Michigan
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stayed from 1/27 through 1/31 of 2014 for a business trip. I was very disappointed that once I received my room, I shut the door and found that there was a good half inch gap between the door and door frame (see picture included.) I also awoke to about a quarter inch of ice inside my room window. Now, KY was very cold. Something very rare in this area. But when I commented about it to the front desk, she said, "it's probably because it's a corner room and it's so cold." My room was not a corner room, but it was exceptionally cold. I, again, reminded her about the gap in my door and her response was, "I'm surprised. Our maintenance guy is usually really good!" I was very disappointed. Then, I tried the breakfast. It was truly sad. It was microwaved fare, which I am used to, but it was overdone to the point that it looked charred. To over microwave to the point of discoloration is truly remarkable. I will not ever stay here again, nor will I recommend any of my colleagues here on visits to our facility nearby. I am so disillusioned by the Holiday Inn Express brand.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ktasca
I am very sorry to hear about your experience with our hotel. There is no excuse for the way that things were handled, nor should any of the things you experienced happened. It is a priority for us to make sure that all guests have an enjoyable stay, and we failed, for that we are very sorry! I want to assure you that all of the issues you have address have been brought to each staff members attention and have been fix. I am monitoring each employee to make sure that maintenance goes above and beyond to fix any problem observed. As well as making sure that breakfast is cooked fresh and correctly. I would like to personally invite you back to our hotel to make things right and exceed your expectations. We are working hard at creating hotels that guests love, and it is through comments and reviews like yours that we have a chance to see ways of improvement. We would like to thank you for taking the time you write a review, and in return ask for the opportunity to serve you as you deserve to be served. Please let us make things right.

Prattville
Reviewed December 3, 2013

When looking for a place to stay, the attendant said they had just completed remodeling. It shows very nicely, too. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Breakfast serves actual hot food along with the usual continental breakfast options. Really nice facility with a fitness room and swimming pool. I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: While there is a train track very close by, we never heard a sound inside our room (and our side fac...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Chris H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nicholasville, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Morgan M,

Thank you for the kind words regarding your stay with us at Holiday Inn Express of Nicholasville. Please be sure to stay with us again when traveling to the area in the future, so that we can provide you with an even better stay the next time! We are always looking to improve. Again, thank you for your feedback.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The hotel is in a good location, central and near chain eateries. The hotel was clean and room was comfortable. If you like Holiday Inn Express than you will like this, it was exactly what I expected. They actually have a very nice and roomy area for their breakfast with plenty of seats. The breakfast was not that great but once again expected. My husband used the gym and stated the equitment needed repairs or replaced but that is the only downside.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Sharlene B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Nicholasville, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for you feedback We are so please that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize about the fitness room. We are looking into replacing some of the equipment. We hope that whenever you come to the Nicholasville area again, you will stay with us.

We appreciate you business.

Carmi, Illinois
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My room smelled a bit like stale smoke, otherwise clean and attractive. Breakfast was the same stuff every chain hotel serves. The biscuits were very dried out. The room was very quiet, even with the a/c turned off I didn't hear the elevator right next to my room, nor any traffic noises.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Sharlene B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Nicholasville, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback during your stay at our Country Inn and Suites. Unfortunately we did not exceed your expectations, as that is our goal for our guests. I would like you to give us another opportunity to make your next stay much better whenever you come to Lexington again. Please feel free to contact me personally for your next reservation.

Akron, Ohio
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Spent the weekend here and am very satisfied. The facility is newly renovated and the place looks great. It is very clean and the staff was very helpful. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to my friends and co-workers.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sharlene B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Nicholasville, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for visiting the Holiday Inn Express. We pleased that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed our hotel. Please remember to reach out to our hotel again, if you happen to come to our area again. We appreciate your business!

Sharlene
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nicholasville
Comfort Inn Lexington South
Baymont Inn and Suites Harrodsburg
Hilton Lexington Suites
Hilton Lexington Suites
#13 of 71 in Lexington

Been to Holiday Inn Express Nicholasville? Share your experiences!