Holiday Inn Express Nicholasville
Derby Inn & Suites(Nicholasville)
$80
$189
Home2.com
Comfort Suites(Lexington)
$89
All reviewsfront deskpancakesstaff was friendlyfitness roomthe air conditioningshower curtainseveral yearsbeds were comfortableexcellent stayin townlexington areahietoiletriesmarthacharging
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is your below average hotel. Breakfast mostly empty at 8:30 am (suppose to go till 10) and trash cans overflowing. Coffee had a burnt flavor since their coffee makers haven't been cleaned I would suspect in a very long time. The furnishing are "furnishings". The beds were very comfortable. Whoever did the install in the rooms measured incorrectly so there is not enough room to use the comfortable chair as it is stuffed in the corner and the space in between the beds is too far. Measuring and attention to detail is everything. The curtains have been installed too far out from the window so you have light in the morning so don't plan to sleep in. Second because of this the curtains block the airflow which is complicated by the front desk controlling your thermostat. Every time you leave the room the motion sensor turns off the air conditioning so when you return you have a nice hot room. While you sleep unless you are constantly tossing and turning and flapping your arms the thermostat kicks off so you awaken to a warm room. The front desk says there is no way to give control to the guest. In my opinion if I am paying for the room I should be able to control the heat/cool in my room. So if you like control freaks on the front desk determining your comfort then stay here. If you like to in in control of your stay then I suggest a different property.

Stayed: September 2013
Sharlene B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Nicholasville, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. On behalf of the staff I would like to extend our apology for the problems during your stay. We will work with our team to find ways to improve in areas of heating and cooling, lighting from the curtains and attention to detail on the weekend in breakfast.

Please reach out to me if you are back in town for your next visit. My goal is to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We always stay at IHG whenever possible. Glad that we stopped here after driving all day. Scott checked us in and without a hitch. Our room was nice...great bathroom! Plenty of TV stations to select from. Clean beds...really comfortable. Very peaceful place. We will stay here again. KUDOS to the staff that made our stay a good one.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your positive feedback. We appreciate your business, and being a loyal IHG customer. Please let me know if we can ever assist you in the future.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was our 6th or 7th stay here. It was the sorriest! Maximum confusion on reservations over the phone and at the front desk. AC unit in room was unplugged, system not operating. I plugged it in and it worked OK. Additional room had unplugged AC unit PLUS the unit was partially disassembled on the floor. Fix-it guy reassembled and indicated unit had been in need of repair for days if not weeks. He adjusted AC in adjoining room [bedroom of small suite] to cool both rooms. Hotel present occupants with a gift basket of drink and snacks and an apology. No ice bucket in room. Ice machine and vending machines on the 3rd floor did not work. One of two phones in room did not work. Several lamps did not work or we could never find the combination of switches to use them. Room over looked front of the building which was fully lighted at night. Curtains were hung 6 or 8 inches from the wall with no “returns”. Curtains also fluttered with the flow of the AC. The room was way too light for sleeping. Shoes, pillows, etc. were used to keep the curtains in place and reduce the light at night. 2:00 A.M. on the 13th we awoke to laughing, talking, singing coming from a small group at the front door of the hotel. Bottom line---the stay was more trouble that it was worth.

Room Tip: Go to back of the hotel. OR Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Niceville-Bill
Sharlene B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Nicholasville, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your previous stay. I would also like to thank you for being a loyal customer to our hotel. On behalf of the staff I would like to send an apology, as I understand your last stay did not meet your expectations. I will share your feedback with our team to ensure we address issues like lighting, noise concerns and the non completion of repair work.

If you are in the Nicholasville area again, please reach out to me personally, so that I can make sure the returned trip will be much better the next time. Thank you again for your feedback, as this is a way we help our hotels focus on areas of improvement.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed there on June 23, 2013. It was a brand new room, very clean, friendly staff and comfortable beds. The pool was nice and clean. It was easy to find with plenty of eating places relatively close. It was a very good place to stay and we would recommend it to others traveling through this area. The complimentary breakfast was good, with plenty of items to choose from. Overall an above average rating.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Sharlene B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Nicholasville, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments. We are elated to have a fresh new hotel, and even happier that you enjoyed your stay as well. Please feel free to reach out to me if we can ever be of service again.

Director of Sales