“Now THIS is a GREAT B & B”

The Corner House Bed and Breakfast
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Now THIS is a GREAT B & B”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed at the Corner House for 4 nights and I couldn't have had a better experience. The host Karen was great and the room was perfect. Now don't expect a hotel experience if you stay here. This is a vintage old house that has been immaculately restored, There is not much going on in Nicholasville, But if you have a car, Stay HERE. There are silly little touches like teddy bears everywhere. Next to my bed was a Girl Scout Manual. The TV was an old analog model. BUT WHO CARES!!!!! I travel every month and stay in fine hotels and this is a great way to stay to break the mold. The BREAKFAST's are great, and the conversation around the table couldn't be better. If and when I come back to this town, this is where I will stay, A great value, and the history is comforting. The bed was great, the towels were big. A pool table in the den, dvd's, books in the library, a big sweeping porch. It reminds me of staying at Grandma's house. It smelled great when I walked in the door. She also has other accommodations available like townhouses and cottages.

Room Tip: No elevator. in the main house, Get the room with a private bath or expect to share.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank sokemike

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Findlay, Ohio
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We called Karen on short notice and she was able to accommodate my wife and I in one of her townhouses. There was a huge graduation in town and even the hotels were booked. Karen met us at her home location The Corner House, and we followed her a few blocks to the townhouse. SO MUCH BETTER than a hotel. The townhouse was clean and neat. Met our needs perfectly. The next morning, we retraced our steps to a Delicious Breakfast at the Corner House, with 5 other fine guests, and we were on our way. Karen is a delightful host. All for less than the cost of a mid grade hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed here one night while traveling through Kentucky. We were very pleased with the second floor suite which was large and very clean. The breakfast did not offer a great variety but the crepes were absolutely fantastic. The best part of our stay was meeting the owner/operator Karen who is delightful and very helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Gary R
Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Corner House was the first B&B that I have ever stayed at and it felt like home. We stayed in the suite, which was large and comfy. The bed was comfortable, too. The only thing we didn't like was that there was not a true shower in the suite. There is a beautiful claw-foot tub that is large and great for bubble baths. It has a handle with a shower head-type end, but it is only for rinsing, not much water pressure to it. If you must have a shower, choose one of the other rooms. There is one room that has what Priceline calls a 'shared bath'. It is not shared, it is just that you have to walk across the hall to use it. When there are multiple rooms booked, the owner, Karen, explains to all guests that this is not a shared bath, it is for that room's use only. The other room in the B&B has a true shower, no bathtub. All of the rooms are nicely decorated and we actually moved some of the decorations just to make sure we didn't break anything! There is a billiards room and sitting room downstairs. The sitting room has this great old piano (or organ) in it that is really cool. It also contains a TV. There is ample reading material throughout the place. The breakfast was standard, but made to order at the time we requested, which we really appreciated, as we were the only guests at the time. I highly recommend you call Karen if you need a place to stay in the Lexington/Nicholasville area. She has other properties as well. I was able to take a look at a cottage she rents out and I know my family would love to stay there. Her prices are very competitive, especially considering what you get for the price. I took a lot of pictures there, with consent of the owner. I thought the B&B had a lot of charm and tried to capture it with my pics.

Room Tip: If you must have a shower, don't choose the suite.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Our review this past May says it all. It's a nice older house in a small Kentucky town. Karen is wonderful with a personality that keeps on giving. She's got a story about everything and should write a book. We returned in August for three nights and will go back again. You should try it!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TallTVTraveller
Milwaukee
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Corner House was my first B&B experience, and it made me hungry for more. The house is absolutely immaculate. Very well-kept. We stayed in the suite, and the room was fantastic. I can't recommend it highly enough. Karen, the host, was very nice and suggested a local tapas restaurant which had fantastic food. The breakfast in the morning was good, including a great french toast casserole. Prices were also very reasonable. The only drawback is that, at least in the room we stayed in, it has a bath and not a shower. I tried showering in the claw-foot tub, it simply wasn't set up for it. One of my favorite places I've ever stayed.

Room Tip: The suite was fantastic.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank brewcity77
Dickey, ME
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This is one of the best B&B's I've stayed at. It has a great homey feel and is just plain quaint. I like the independent B&B's now more than ever and when I come back to the Lexington area this is where I will stay from now on.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nicholasville
Comfort Inn Lexington South
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Lexington
Gratz Park Inn
Gratz Park Inn
#4 of 6 in Lexington

Been to The Corner House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!