“Great stay”

The Corner House Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Very nice B&B in the heart of Nicholasville. Waking distance to downtown. However, nothing much going on on downtown Nicholasville. Host was very nice with ok breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank rjcvg

Reviewed May 7, 2012

We needed a place to stay for our visit to kids and grandkids in LEX and the hotels were overpriced or booked. This popped up on our search screen and, as you can see, has an amazing number of 5 ratings. In Nicholasville (we had to check a map) of all places. We had to try it out.

Karen has crafted our idea of a perfect Bed & Breakfast. Nice home in the middle of town with three rooms, nice sitting area, pool table and breakfast room (with nice full hearty breakfasts). Yes there are rocking chairs on the porch. But Karen is also one of the big assets - low key, comfortable to talk to with wonderful stories or she'll leave you alone if that's that you want.

Can't beat the price so the value is excellent.

HOWEVER, we seem to have been taken advantage of by BedAndBreakfast.com. We had a gift card so we booked it thru them. But on our way, we went to The Corner House website for directions and discovered we were charged about 50% more for a room than was posted on the inn's own website! We didn't let it ruin our trip but, in retrospect, B&B.com should be ashamed of itself for upcharging that much money.

Go to The Corner House's website and check out the price before you purchase at B&B.com or any other travel webiste - It's a GREAT EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank TallTVTraveller
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I've never taken time to write a review for places I've frequented or stayed in but I was compelled to write about my recent experience at this one particular Bed and Breakfast. I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Corner House B & B in Nicholasville, Ky. I do not normally stay at B & B’s because of the natural tendency to feel apprehensive about staying in someone else’s home. However, the innkeeper’s (Karen), warming personality and belief in customer service, immediately set my apprehension at ease. So much so that my 3:30 am late arrival found her personally guiding me not only to where I would be staying, but also to where I would be attending my business function the very next morning! Never in my 20+ plus years of travel and 28 country visits have I had anyone go above-and-beyond as she did without being asked. At a time when everything seemed to be going wrong with my business trip, she was the traveler’s proverbial “light at the end of the tunnel.” The morning breakfasts were EXEPTIONAL! The Strawberry and Cream French Toast was OUSTANDING! The conversations amongst the guests and Karen were interesting and very enjoyable. Her knowledge of the town and local areas was not only impressive but also necessary for my two-week stay.

In my 25 years of travel, both in the US and overseas, I have never had a more enjoyable visit than that of my recent stay at the Corner House B & B. I will definitely recommend this place to any, and all, of my fellow associates, military service members, family, and friends; they will enjoy the stay, the EXQUISITE food, and the warming and comforting experience provided by Karen and the Corner House Bed and Breakfast!

Room Tip: Not necessary as all the rooms provided a excellent uniqueness!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2011

Best B&B experience, great service. Karen the in-keeper is very knowledgeable about her neighborhood. I was always looked forward to her Breakfast every morning. The town house I had is of 2 floors and two bedrooms but it was all just for me. Brought my laptop and used the free WIFI, which is awesome.The 1st floor consisted of a living room, full kitchen, washer and dryer and even a back deck. In the 2nd floor were the bedrooms along with a full bathroom. And its to my understand that all of her other town houses are exactly the same. If I ever have to take another locksmithing course or need to go back to Kentucky this is definitely where i will be staying. Highly Recommend!!!

Room Tip: if going to locksmithing school ask for townhouse
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2009

My fiance and I wanted to stay at a place right outside of Lexington to check out the University of Kentucky and The Corner House was perfect! This was our first stay at a B&B, and we got to spend the night in the cottage. The cottage was wonderful ( a little big for the two of us) and stocked with everything we could imagine! The environment was very clean and pleasant and Karen was a great host. I hope all of our future stays at B&Bs are like this!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2009

To start off the breakfast ever single morning was amazing this lady can really cook. My town house I stayed in was furnished to the T, stocked, has a great view, and even had Wi-Fi. The location couldn’t have been any better; I was very close to everything from the mall to Wal-Mart. Best of all the owner was really nice, she gave great suggestions for places to visit, had amazing stories, and was even kind enough to show me how to get to the place I was staying and going to school by letting me follow her in my rent-a-car.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2008

The Corner House is my home away from home. This will be my fourth trip in as many years. I take classes in KY every year and look forward to Karen's breakfasts and having all the comforts of home. Schedule your visit in advance to guarantee your stay here. You won't be disappointed!

Stayed: January 2008