The Corner House Bed and Breakfast
$67
$199
$179
Home2.com
Derby Inn & Suites(Nicholasville)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe ownerone nightthe claw foot tubkarentownhouseconversationaccommodationslexington
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 9, 2009

My fiance and I wanted to stay at a place right outside of Lexington to check out the University of Kentucky and The Corner House was perfect! This was our first stay at a B&B, and we got to spend the night in the cottage. The cottage was wonderful ( a little big for the two of us) and stocked with everything we could imagine! The environment was very clean and pleasant and Karen was a great host. I hope all of our future stays at B&Bs are like this!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2009

To start off the breakfast ever single morning was amazing this lady can really cook. My town house I stayed in was furnished to the T, stocked, has a great view, and even had Wi-Fi. The location couldn’t have been any better; I was very close to everything from the mall to Wal-Mart. Best of all the owner was really nice, she gave great suggestions for places to visit, had amazing stories, and was even kind enough to show me how to get to the place I was staying and going to school by letting me follow her in my rent-a-car.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2008

The Corner House is my home away from home. This will be my fourth trip in as many years. I take classes in KY every year and look forward to Karen's breakfasts and having all the comforts of home. Schedule your visit in advance to guarantee your stay here. You won't be disappointed!

Stayed: January 2008
Reviewed November 11, 2007

We had a great time and even took advantage of a last-minute cancellation and spent an extra night! Karen (the owner) made us feel so welcome. We had the best morning conversations. In fact, we were late getting started on our last morning, because we all kept chatting, etc. The room was nice and we had a great selection of movies to watch. There was a claw-foot tub in the private bath and a cleverly concealed refrigerator. There is a room downstairs with a pool table, if you are so inclined.

I must confess that I have never been a great fan of B&Bs, because I was always just a wee bit uncomfortable staying in strangers' homes. Karen changed my outlook for the better! I was immediately comfortable with her and in being in her home. Within minutes, she made us feel like dear friends that she had personally invited to visit. The morning conversations were relaxed and personal. This lady has some great stories to share! Breakfast was goo, too.

I hope to visit her again.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank travelgo03
Reviewed November 1, 2007

This was a very pleasant surprise. It was even nicer than I expected. My friend, who isn't as crazy about bed and breakfast inns as I am, thought this was the best one we had ever stayed at. Our room was large enough to include a wicker chair and a full size couch. In addition, our bathroom had two pieces of wicker furniture. Very Victorian style. Breakfast was very nice, and Karen our hostess could not have been nicer. She shared many funny stories with us. We had only booked one night, but at breakfast we asked to stay another night. I would definitely recommend this bed and breakfast! The town is a little out of the way, but still close to many of the attractions in the area.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank travelbell