“Excellent Indian and popular!”
Review of Amol

Amol
Order Online
OR
Order Online
Ranked #27 of 110 Restaurants in Newport
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We dined in with no reservation and no problems. This spot is popular for Doordash and personal carryout. Would recommend.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (17)

Reviewed October 3, 2019

An Indian friend wanted us to eat some authentic home meals, so we looked for the best Indian place and this is where we went. The place itself is small and somewhat hidden, but the staff was friendly and our friend got them to do some off-menu items for us. Had a blast. Very tasty. Will come back.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed June 5, 2019 via mobile

Ordered a take away one Sunday night. The order contained a salad, rotis and Yellow dal. Full credit to the chef/cook who made it well and seasoned on time. Generous serving of basmati rice was given as an accomplishment. Scribbled my tip and signed and left. To my surprise, the tip number turned out to be 120% when I saw the card statement couple of days later. Tips were overwritten but Amex made up by giving a credit back as I had the receipt and charge slip. Good food but bad experience.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

I had high hopes from this place but kinda disappointed. I was going to have Indian food after a good 10 days but it was not great.

Small place run by a family.
Ordered - soup, mixed platter, chilli paneer and paneer naan.
Soup was good, mixed platter had a lot of oily items - wish they add tandoor items.
Chilli paneer was too spicy even though I said 7/10 on the spicy meter
Paneer naan was bad :(

I cannot justify the quality of food and the price. Would kinda prefer a different cuisine here on!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Great food! Wonderful samosas and chicken curry, but beware, their mild, is still very spicy. Our whole group loved it.

Date of visit: April 2018